Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Judder

allenhh

Hi, got a weird problem,After about 6 miles driving the sterring wheels starts to wobble, similar to unbalanced front wheels, only more so where it is almost undriviable, speed is any where between 30-60 mph.If you try and brake, noise and wobble is horrendous.After about 2 miles the wobble goes and all is peachy again for about 50 odd miles.When stopped the front offside disc is hot (burnt me fingers on it) and you could say the whole wheel area is hot..

Is it a sticky front calapier? if it is, why does it do it if I havent used the brake?

Any thoughts would be apprieciated.

It's the old caliper slide pins, take it off remove the slide pins and grease them up with copper grease on both sides.

If that doesn't fix it i'd get a caliper repair kit and strip them down and re build them.

Good luck mate .

That is not seized caliper pins. That is a seized caliper. It sounds like the piston is holding the pad to the disc and not releasing it. Take the caliper off and pump the brakes to check the pistons to see if they're moving freely but I'd guess they are not. Either you can replace the entire caliper for about £80 or you could strip down, free up the pistons and replace the seals for about £20.

By this stage I'd say your disc is well and truly warped so that will need replaced. That has to be done in pairs so the other front disc will need replaced too. New pads can only be fitted with discs so you'll need them too.

Yup- had the same issue, was ok for small journeys, get on hte motorway and judder galore at around 60 mph.

Replaced slider pins and unsiexzed a piston on either caliper due to dust rubbers persishing and leaking in water. WHole lot cost me around £100 and a weekend, working loverly now, no judder, car rolls back on hils and feels so mch smoother ( not to mention better performance andf fuel consumption).

For the record, the offisde was sized but putting no pressure on, the nearside was sized as it pressure was being applied, had a job to whince the caliper off. Gtetting the pistions out is another a story, but i can assist on advice if you need.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links