Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

curveball

Hi my name is Garry from Cheadle Cheshire. Getting an Is 200 pretty soon :shifty: wanted one for ages after my ex misses had one as a company car. Found some good info on here already . Not sure if i should get auto or manuel which is best ? Anyway will be reading and posting now i have found the site.

mpg wise there is not much difference between an IS200 and IS300 so if you want somethig with a bit more oomph go the the IS300 as that comes automatic and more relaxed driving due to the engine having more tourque. IS200 auto only has 4 speed and shifts good or if you enjoy changing gears for more engaging drive then go for the manual but IS200s lack torque low down but are more lively past 4600rpm. I personally wanted an automatic after driving manuals in all my previous cars but the 200's 4 speed kinds put me off so just went for the bigger bro 300 which has 5 speed more power more torque but similar mpg. chice is yours really if you want a more engaging drive then go manual but for auto just upgrade to IS300.

worth checking again as i did a comparison before i got mine and it was about £100 difference! mite be a lot for some people but i thought what the heck just paid and forgot about it :winky: also depends what you have been driving previusly as I came from a 2.5 V6 ford cougar so i like something with a bit more oomph and the 200 just felt a bit under powered coming from a 2.5 V6 so just went with the 300. they are the same on tax aswell as thier emisions are similar so if power is not your thing then 200 will do the job nicely mate but if you want a bit more then 300 does it best :driving: . i will say drive both and then you can decide if 200 meets your needs compared to 300.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links