Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Rear Dvd Sound Problem Fix

Hi,

Ever since I got my RX400 SE-L, I've had a problem with the sound from the rear DVD system i.e. you could only hear the DVD if the headphones were right next to the sound transmitters in the b-pillar.

After speaking to Lexus, I'm informed that this is a known problem because the original installation was flawed.

To fix it, I was put in touch with an auto-electrician who has cured this problem many times (N.B. this is clearly a wide-spread factory installation problem but my local Lexus dealer was not about to fix it FOC :megaangry: ).

Anyway, I've had a new transmitter installed in the roof, just before the tailgate opening and the sound is now working.

Next problem is that I don't have a remote control for the player so you have to grovel about under the driver's seat to get the disc to play. Been quoted £84 from Lexus - anyone know of a cheaper option?

Best

London

• 1 month later...

I have just had a new dvd player installed on our 2004 RX300 SEL ( different make with its own controller). The original controller is no longer needed and you are welcome to give it a try to see if it will work on your unit. It measures 124mm x 54mm x 5mm and has 40 buttons, some blue, some silver.

I also have the original owner's manual, and the original DVD unit, which was never faultless however much I fiddled with it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links