Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air Condition

Turn on my AC to only realize no change in temperature!

Went into to AC shop to have it check, was inform the compressor not work it needs replacing.

my question is would any of the IS 1999-2004 work on each other , even the IS300?

all help is needed here!

Thanks a million in advance

The first check reveal the gas was extremely. So it was gas and then re check. Then i was inform the compressor was not pull or pushing.

The compressor from any IS200 should fit.... Did they explain what is the problem.. Is it the compressor itself or is it the clutch? sometimes the coil on the electromagnetic clutch can fail and go open circuit.. Check the coil with a multimeter the resistance should be around 3 Ohms Check also the air gap between the pully and the clutch plate, they wear with use and eventually the gap becomes so large that the clutch will not engage... The gap should be no wider than the thickness of a business card... The clutch gap can be adjusted with shims... Remove the bolt holding the clutch plate on and remove the clutch plate. There are one or two shims in the centre of the drive shaft which can be removed to correct the gap.... Just a thought if you fancied having a go at sorting the job yourself.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links