Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing The Headlamp Washers, Is200

Hi all, I would install the Xenon lights on my '99 IS200, but according to law I need the headlamp washer.

I know that some models have it installed from factory, I would know what parts I need and some suggestions if possible (I have no idea where to start).

Any info is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Gabry

hi,I think you can have xenons without having highlight washer jets,I think what the law says is that if you have washer jets they must work - however i do stand to be corrected on this.

I have read that retrofit HIDs can be fitted without washers providing the suspension is firm.

But this is what the VOSA Tesyers manual states

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge 3. (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system.

Where such systems are fitted, they must work; however, it is accepted that it may not be possible to readily determine the functioning of self levelling systems. In such cases, the benefit of the doubt must be given.

Headlamp washers may work in conjunction with the windscreen washers (when the dipped beam headlamps are switched on) or by a separate switch.

HID lamps may be identified by:

• taking a few seconds to reach full intensity

• having a bluish tinge to the light

• having an igniter module/inverter behind the headlamp

• having ‘DCR’ marked on the headlamp lens. HID headlamps use high voltage and extra care

should be taken when inspecting these items"

The words "may be fitted" seems to suggest they are not obligatory but how the term is actually interpreted is questionable.

well in that case you need to get the wiring loom first and get that installed. Then get the bumper from a scrapped version incl the washers and install that.

if you need a wiring diagram for the IS200 check out this page in Internet explorer click here

• 11 months later...

Hi I got a replacement bumper that included headlight washers, however my car doesn't include them as standard ,

What do you need to convert

1. Wiring loom

2.pump

3. New water bottle and hoses

4. Switch

Have anyone don't this ? Is it an easy job to do your self ?

Thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links