Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all picked up my sport on wednesday after what i think is a bit of a bargain find on eBay, needs a little work on the paint work (front and rear bumpers, bonnet and boot have crack laquar and some panels seem a little faded), and could either do with a retrim or dam good feed of the leather.

The previous owner (who owned it for four years) worked for toyota so all up to date, and has every stamp in the service book (125k on the clocks), and every mot bar one! The previous owner also fitted a full pioneer sound system (head unit, speakers, sub and amp) that sounds amazing!

The reason why i got one is a few years ago i had a twin turbo soarer, and then fancied a gs sport or aristro so recently i had to get a new car on a budget as we couldnt afford the repayments on our 08 hyundai coupe (the in laws had it in finance but were not using it so we had it) after i was made redundant in decemeber but the father in law gave me a job a month ago at his joinery/wood workshop so am now back on track. We needed something "family" orientated so too the oppurtunity to get a gs to use and maybe modify a little.

Got a few of questions.

1. Will supra parts fit i.e coil overs/shocks and brakes.

2. What is the biggest size wheel that will fit without rolling the arches with say a 35mm drop?

3. Are there any "sensible" bodykits made for these nowadays?

4. Any air intakes with heat shields (to avoid heat soak) available?

5. Any other mods that are cheap and easy?

545057_10150704612556433_688501432_9903942_2097526856_n.jpg148780_10150704611691433_688501432_9903938_142264517_n.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi all picked up my sport on wednesday after what i think is a bit of a bargain find on ebay, needs a little work on the paint work (front and rear bumpers, bonnet and boot have crack laquar and some panels seem a little faded), and could either do with a retrim or dam good feed of the leather.

The previous owner (who owned it for four years) worked for toyota so all up to date, and has every stamp in the service book (125k on the clocks), and every mot bar one! The previous owner also fitted a full pioneer sound system (head unit, speakers, sub and amp) that sounds amazing!

The reason why i got one is a few years ago i had a twin turbo soarer, and then fancied a gs sport or aristro so recently i had to get a new car on a budget as we couldnt afford the repayments on our 08 hyundai coupe (the in laws had it in finance but were not using it so we had it) after i was made redundant in decemeber but the father in law gave me a job a month ago at his joinery/wood workshop so am now back on track. We needed something "family" orientated so too the oppurtunity to get a gs to use and maybe modify a little.

Got a few of questions.

1. Will supra parts fit i.e coil overs/shocks and brakes.

2. What is the biggest size wheel that will fit without rolling the arches with say a 35mm drop?

3. Are there any "sensible" bodykits made for these nowadays?

4. Any air intakes with heat shields (to avoid heat soak) available?

5. Any other mods that are cheap and easy?

The Supra was developed from the GS 300 and many parts are interchangeable.

18 x 8 and 18 x 10 Sport wheel work with the standard 25mm drop on Sport models, go much forther and you can foul the arches if you drive enthusiastically or have passengers. For me its a good compromise.

You could look at the Aristo rear spoiler but personally I rather like the job that TTE did on the standard car to create the Sport. Many aftermarket bits cost a fair bit if they are of any decent quality and you are adding weight to a car that is no lightweight to start with.

Free flow air cleaner and exhaust if you dont mid a bit of extra noise!

Good luck and enjoy!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links