Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Anybody Else Hate The Ct200H?

Hi Everybody.

I recently had a CT200h on a 48 hour test drive and I have to say that I absolutely hated it!

There are some nice touches such as the sat nav system with the mouse thingy and I like how you turn a dial on the dash and it goes from blue to red into sport mode and gives you a rev counter instead of a blue dial which measures charge and EV mode but that's it!

When I first got in it I felt as though I'd stepped into a fiesta or something equally as tacky. It just all felt really cheap and not the usual Lexus refinery. the best way I can describe it is plasticky, like a Kia!

It doesn't go anywhere when you put your foot down, even in sport mode.... although being a hybrid I didn't expect much but it was really poor.

I love the look of it on the outside and the wheels were stunning but get in it and I don't feel as though I'm in anything special.

I was really going to buy this car until I drove it but honestly for £23k no chance!

I'm guess I'm just really disapointed. Just expected a bit more from a Lexus! I have a IS200 sport on a Y plate and every time I get in it, it puts a smile on my face and I know I'm driving a special car. I never felt as though I would have that feeling in the Lexus Kylie Minogue! Such a shame!

I was always keeping my IS200 but wanted something for everyday commuting to ease on the petrol. God knows what I'll buy now!

i had one as as courtesy car when mine was in the garage. i too thought the interface was top notch. especially when compared to i-drive etc. i was so impressed i was completely distracted playing with it.

i did have to rev the nuts off it. and what a racket it made, but that was it just seemed to turn fuel into sound rather than movement.

more leather than my old fiesta though.

also did you notice how bad the visibility was. pulling out of an oblique junction was death defying.

Ive experienced the CT 200h on a few occasions and although its not a car for me, I actually think the interior was one of its best features and much nice than most of its rivals in terms of design and build quality. IMHO I think it is light years ahead of the IS200 with regards to build quality, materials, design and ergonomics. Don't get me wrong, the IS200 has a lovely interior and which appears to have worn well, but the CT200h was designed over a decade after so I would expect it to be the improvement I think it is.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links