Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi, My Lexus LS400 has just started to give problems with the dash lights which I have heard is a common fault. All lights in the dash either flash or come and go and the speedo and rev counter have stopped working. The fuel and temp gauge still seem to work but there is no mileage display and no message ie: distance to empty readings. Other things like indicators and sat nav are still fine.

Whats the inexpensive fix please? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi

I sourced a 2nd hand dash from a breaker on eBay for £50(checking all was well with the dash first) and found a small independant to fit it(although there are some 'how to' web sites that show it's not difficult).

If you want to keep your original mileage this can be done by swapping the chip over.

Hope this helps

Ed

On earlier models at least, Chris Vince ( on here ) was able to re-solder them !

I have his contact details if u need them.

Malc

Thanks Malc, I think I'm going to try a second hand unit from a breakers if I can find one..... and if I can work out how to get mine out!

Thanks again for replying.

Alan

Just noticed you're in Hampshire. Chris Vince isn't too far away from you and he removed, fixed and re-instated my dash on my Mk2 in an hour or so !

Malc

Thanks for your help, I have decided to send it away for repairs to a company in Gillingham who seem to be very helpful and guarantee it for life for £150. Not cheap but at least it will get it sorted (hopefully)

Hi Alan

Can you let us know how you get on? I've thought of using that company in the past.

Regards

Ed

Thanks for your help, I have decided to send it away for repairs to a company in Gillingham who seem to be very helpful and guarantee it for life for £150. Not cheap but at least it will get it sorted (hopefully)

Yes, I'll keep you posted Ed, they said they would collect it and have a look and return it with no charge if they can't repair it. If they do repair it they offer a lifetime guarantee so seem really helpful so far. Took me 5 mins to remove the dash from the car so very straightforward. I'm in the motor trade but have bought this car to keep as i consider to them to be the very best.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links