Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Problems After Cleaning The Throttlebody [Rs200 - Beams]

Rhänne

Hi guys,

today I removed the TB and cleaned it very well. I found a oil leak in the intake manifold

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg403/scaled.php?server=403&filename=cimg00041.png&res=landing

I removed the oil with a towel and cleaned the rest with brake cleaner and a brush.

After more than 6 hours I started the car the first time.

Of corse I disconnected the battary!

Problem:

- Engine light is on

- TRC flashes

- revs only until 3000 (then fuelcut I guess)

Can anyone help!?

looks like you need to read-out the ECU and get rid of the engine faults first before it'll run fine again.

if you don't know what the codes are just place them here I bet you there is someone who can tell you what they mean ;)

Thanks for fast response!

Sorry, how can I read-out the ECU codes? Does I need a soft- or hardware? Or only a cable for connecting 2 pins, like on the SW20 MR2´s

You need an ELM OBD2 reader and some compatible software ( downloadable for free if you google it) and a laptop or a bleutooth enabled phone ....

I use an ELM327 Bluetooth and TORQUE on my andriod phone... always works perfect even gives me some extra gauges with live data when taking the car out for long runs always handy ;)

You need an ELM OBD2 reader and some compatible software ( downloadable for free if you google it) and a laptop or a bleutooth enabled phone ....

I use an ELM327 bluetooth and TORQUE on my andriod phone... always works perfect even gives me some extra gauges with live data when taking the car out for long runs always handy ;)

That's not going to help because the older Altezzas don't have ODB-II.

Do you have the stock stereo? I believe it is possible to read codes via the head unit.

As a guess I would double check MAF and throttle position sensor wiring

That's not going to help because the older Altezzas don't have ODB-II.

Do you have the stock stereo? I believe it is possible to read codes via the head unit.

As a guess I would double check MAF and throttle position sensor wiring

You are absolutely right!

I googled a little bit and find out that the most of the "real" JDM cars havn´t OBD. So I used a discription from a german MR2 (SW20) board which I´m a member of. (no original AV headunit)

1. You connect E1 and T1 or TC

2. Turn Key to ON - don´t start the engine!

3. Now engine light is flashing

count how much it lights. After a long brake the light will repeat the codes.

for example:

_/\_/\___/\_/\_/\_/\________/\_/\___/\_/\_/\_/\________/\_/\___/\_/\_/\_/\ means 24

_/\_/\___/\_/\_/\_/\____/\_/\_/\__/\________/\_/\___/\_/\_/\_/\____/\_/\_/\__/\ means 24, 31

--> Air Pressure sensor , Air Temp sensor.

make a long story short:

MAP Sensor not connected, Throttle pos sensor wasn´t enough connected .. clicked when I checked it :whistling:

I drove it after I disconnected the Battery for longer than an half hour.

First It sounds like I installed a open air intake when I hit VVTi at 5000rpm and Idle was at 2000rpm.

Not much HP

The sound goes away after some miles and another drive and the HP increase.

Now the car has much more low end power under 3000rpm. It runs really great!

Maybe this helps some people who have the same problem after cleaning there TB ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The old didn't plug everything back in properly haha good to hear you got it sorted.

The oil in the inlet isn't a leak. It's from the PCV. I clean mine out once a year

The old didn't plug everything back in properly haha good to hear you got it sorted.

The oil in the inlet isn't a leak. It's from the PCV. I clean mine out once a year

Yes - to much electric in these cars nowadays :phone:

I think E910 means the Positive Crankcase Ventilation, don´t you?

And other problems go away when i changed the dead battary.

Car startet every time, but don´t let the lights on for 2 minutes or longer .... *click click click*

But I told you it sound strange after I reflashed ECU and had less power. This went away after a few runs.

But sometimes when I launch with full throttle, it do the same and sounds noisy after 5000rpm.

My speedometer showing no speed at this moment. I dond´t get the full power of the engine. What could be the problem???

What about other RS200 drivers.

Do you have a lag of power between 2500 and 3000rpm?

In this range I have no power. Like a carbed car which runs too rich and you get him full throttle

I will double check the MAF Sensor and clean it again, we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links