Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help, Really Fallen For The Ct, But .....

stepppy

I've never found the ride of my CT a problem, but then I don't tend to take notice of what journos write in their reviews, after all they have to find something to write about. In my job I've driven many Audis, BMWs, Jaguars etc and they all have their flaws but the CT is the one I'd want to live with every day. In my opinion the ride is no problem. The state of UK roads is another matter...

I've never found the ride of my CT a problem, but then I don't tend to take notice of what journos write in their reviews, after all they have to find something to write about. In my job I've driven many Audis, BMWs, Jaguars etc and they all have their flaws but the CT is the one I'd want to live with every day. In my opinion the ride is no problem. The state of UK roads is another matter...

I too like to form my own opinion, so when I had my 2 hour test drive I went on the roads I drive on every day and took my route to work and the surrounding area. Unfortunately, I could not live with the ride that the CT provided.

I couldn't spend over £30,000 on a car that gave an inferior ride to my current car. Such a shame as I loved everything else about it, most of all the amazing economy I got during the test drive.

The two priorities when I buy a new car are build quality & ride comfort, so unless in my opinion it has both I will not buy and for that reason unfortunately the CT is off my list.

I am pleased that you & everyone else who has a CT is happy with their cars :phone:

• 4 months later...

We have owned our ct for two months now and I must say the ride is not as good as I expected among other things I have mentioned on previous comments. One further thing it doesn't even have an ash tray??. Not that we smoke but they are always usefull for small debris (sweet papers,credit receipts parking tickets) etc. Any reasons why this was overlooked?

When my IS-F was in for service last week I had a CT for the day, and I wondered what all the fuss about the ride was about. Having said that, the comparrison was with my F, who's ride is frankly awful. The CT was in fact very nice, I hate the CVT gearbox but the interior was absolutely cracking. The engine is still to unrefined which the CVT makes worse. But overall it was much better than I expected.

I'm at the point where I need to start looking around again.

The IS200 was superb but the IS250 was just a tad too large and thirsty for my needs. The CT looks to be the perfect size.

However, it seems that it has a few shortcomings, depending on model:

• No spare and a costly and messy exercise to have one in a concealed position.
  • No power mirrors on lower spec ?
  • No proper handbrake
  • Ride considered harsh by some

I really wan't to come back to Lexus but they are making it so difficult.

I'm at the point where I need to start looking around again.

The IS200 was superb but the IS250 was just a tad too large and thirsty for my needs. The CT looks to be the perfect size.

However, it seems that it has a few shortcomings, depending on model:

• No spare and a costly and messy exercise to have one in a concealed position.
  • No power mirrors on lower spec ?
  • No proper handbrake
  • Ride considered harsh by some

I really wan't to come back to Lexus but they are making it so difficult.

I have the smaller diameter wheel/ larger sidewall section tyre option and have no issue at all with ride quality. I also have a space saver spare which a sharp dealing punter would negotiate into the price of the new car...ie no space saver spare... no deal... buy another Honda or an Auris. Power mirrors? did you mean self folding or power adjustable?Power adjustable is standard across the range and self folding is available on the later, more expensive models. "handbrake" is a seperate pedal operated by the left foot and since the gearbox is automatic, its as simple as using a clutch on a hill start with the advantage that you have both hands on the steering wheel instead of one hand yanking on the handbrake. If you could be bothered , they all have an electronic hill start facility anyway..apparently...personally I have never found it because I dislike people dazzling me with bake lights and assume that other drivers dont like to be dazzled by my brake lights either. Give one of the higher spec cars a try and ask them to fit it with the smaller diameter wheels. The other great advantage of the smaller diameter wheels is that replacement tyres are far cheaper than the low profile larger diameter variants.

All in all, with the benefit of hindsight would i buy another CT? I think that the top of the range Toyota Auris hybrid with all the options is a much better value for money package on paper and is also a similar size with less evident penny pinching; however, I have yet to drive one.

"On my journey to work which is just over 7 miles I got an incredible 77.7 MPG as per attached photo. This was in normal mode and the Air Con on Auto. The overall trip when I took it back to the dealership was 66.7 MPG which is outstanding. I guess my very sedate driving style really suits the Hybrid drivetrain, much better than the 30 MPG I get in my 1.6 auto." (Steppy 22/7/12

Wow! What is your secret? Not getting anywhere near that!

Guys, isn't possible to switch 15 inch wheels onto the CT200h?

The base model on the Lexus website (CT200h S) is shown as having 15 inch 195/65 R15 wheels with what looks like the option of 16 or 17 inch.

http://www.lexus.co....ions/index.tmex

Couldn't you just switch the wheels on a high spec CT200h to any 196/65R15 alloys and stick on some LRR tyres?

Or would this cause issues with odometer readings etc due to different diamters. I'm confused as to how it might cuase any issues if they are an standard on some models. Perhaps they have to be calibrated in some way.

I ask all this as I would like to move from my Prius to something a bit more luxurious (like a SE-L Premier) but I really value good ride quality. My current Prius is on 16 inch wheels and is great. I don't care how wheels look on a car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there.. I've covnverted back from the Germans to a Lexus and to be honest the ct I have got a 2012 se-l is like being on a cruise liner compared to my bmw 520 dmsport wih it's rock hard run flat tyres

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links