Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help...near Side Rear Shocker Wanted

Has anyone got,or know of, a near side rear shocker or coil spring for a MK2 GS300 SE. The bottom inch on the spring is broken and missing so it will fail the MOT which is due in 3 weeks. Complete shocker would be straight forward swap eliminating the dangerous compressing of the spring. Any other Lexus spring fit, ie, Lexus MK1 GS or IS200 maybe???. There are 2 or 3 MK2's for breaking on eBay so will try them as well. Nowt up here in the scrappies. Thanks.

Sorted. Car now has a full MOT with a replacement shocker supplied by Heartland Spares,Birmingham, through 1st Choice Spares cost £45 inc. Excellent service and would use them again. There was 5 available up to £85. Fitted for £30 plus £46 MOT at my regular garage with no advisaries.

LexusGS300009.jpg

Just thought I'd put my LS DHP wheels on and I'm quite pleased how they look. Didn't think they would suit the GS( should have put the centre cap on to finish it off). If nowt else it would save buying tyres!

On the subject of wheels, both wheels shown are optional( I think) to standard Lexus wheels. When I bought this car there was a 16" 5 spoke spare which I thought was standard to the car from new but if I put the reg into a tyre site it comes up with 235/45R/17 Z90. The rear wheels(I have four) in the pic are fitted with 225/50/17 and ride very comfortably. The DHP wheels as shown on the front have 255/45 x2 and 245/40 x2 and not to my taste ride wise. Might swap the tyres and leave the DHP's on. The 16" spare is stamped Toyota and the wheels on the car have near identical markings ie, OZ made in EU/Italy, PZ-405-50670-ZD and PZ-405-FO-670Z. Just wonder if OZ make Lexus optionals and Toyota make standard wheels.

Nice result on the strut and a fresh MOT.

On the subject of broken springs do you have road humps on your regular route or badly potholed roads?

Just curious as I have road humps on the estate where I live apparently to prevent drivers using it as a "Rat Run". Funny thing is if you don't live here you would get lost trying to get through anyway.

I have 5 exiting and the same coming back and so far had no spring failures but there again crawl over the things.

I think we're the same as most, with poor potholed roads and humps which I treat with caution as the LS I had a couple of years ago had two broken springs but both were right at the top and hard to see without a torch. This one was the very end (about an inch) at the bottom of the coil which had broken off and was missing.

Tuscany Flame and Raven Black trim. It's solid red and I agree it's looks the part along with the bodywork being in excellent nick and 17" Lexus optional wheels. The interior is immaculate, now with 83,000mls, 78 on when I bought it for £1400 and had it 10 months now. You'll never believe it ,but pulling out of my street this afternoon another one the same colour, came the other way with practically the same reg, an 'S' with two numbers and the same letters.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links