Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Disk Removal Tools

Guest bigbullhead

Guest bigbullhead

I am in the process of upgrading my sat Nav disc but have not got the removal pins or maybe I can't find them anywhere anyway I would like to purchase some can anyone put a link up so I can purchase some as I have been looking for 4 days also what is the new disc number as been following one on eBay a E15 disc but need to know the exact number so I don't order the wrong one also what are your thoughts on ones from Poland that say they are original ones!!!

I am in the process of upgrading my sat Nav disc but have not got the removal pins or maybe I can't find them anywhere anyway I would like to purchase some can anyone put a link up so I can purchase some as I have been looking for 4 days also what is the new disc number as been following one on eBay a E15 disc but need to know the exact number so I don't order the wrong one also what are your thoughts on ones from Poland that say they are original ones!!!

Hi there, the part number for the latest disk is PZ445-X03EU-0C Hope this helps.

Thanks for that and where can I get the pins to replace the disc

You will priobably find that you have got something lying around at home that will do the job. There is nothing special about these pins really, They are very similar to a couple of watch repairers screwdrivers with the flat or phillips ends ground off them. If your gran (lol) has a number of knitting needles lying around, then these will do the job perfectly. What you are looking for is something no thicker than 1.5 mm and which is quite sturdy. Don't forget to put a bit of masking tape across the holes in the clock unit so that if you slip you won't scratch anything.

On the back of the clock unit, at each end, is a small piece of springsteel that holds the unit in place, all that the 'pins' do is to compress this springsteel so that you can slide the unit out. I managed to release just one end of the unit in my car (the clock end) and then eased it forward and the other end just freed itself so you may find that you can do it with only one pin. When you insert the pins you will then need to angle them in towards each other, at the ends you are holding, this action compresses the springsteel and you can then ease the unit forwards towards you.

Hope this helps.

Just take it nice and easy and don't try to force anything and you will be fine.

Guest bigbullhead

If I think of something and I will lol I will be on here very regularly

Thanks for the offer

I was on Astra owners network for 3 years and was always asking questions so I always check for updates and help along the way

If I think of something and I will lol I will be on here very regularly

Thanks for the offer

I was on Astra owners network for 3 years and was always asking questions so I always check for updates and help along the way

Have you managed to find something suitable to use to get the unit out? As I say, anything will do as long as it is close to but no thicker than 1.5mm and is sturdy, i.e not flexible.

Have you checked for the toolkit that came with the car from new as the pins were in there in the central spine under a velcro flap? Or didn't you receive that with the car?.

Guest bigbullhead

Not yet as still bidding on a disc but once bought I will look also I will have a good lok for a tool kit I take it it's in the boot? As I got the car second hand it's probably missing lol but will update when done

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links