Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do You Drive A Modded Car.... Not If The Eu Have Their Way.

Town council, County council, Welsh Parliament, UK parliament, European parliament - self serving tossers in the main, and costing us squillions to mess up our lives - now where did I put that Daily Mail?

This is the type of thing that they are trying to impose everywhere... it started within a country first, in this case Belgium, had the ruling in place for about 2 years...then guess what they'll push it through to all the other EU countries... and that is what they are doing right now.

Yes this sort of B*^%#$*@*! should not be any concern of the EU. There are more important things they should sort out and frankly I don't remember giving the EU that much power, this is ruling that actually changes stuff for consumers in every EU membership country..... F-that!!!!!

My car is mine to do with what I please... And no thank you I do not want to drive around in the same car as the neighbour or anyone else for that matter, even though they might be from the same brand and the same model, If I decide to change the look of whatever part 2 my property I will and no law will stop me from doing so!!!!

In that case I suggest that everyone takes their privately owned modified car of the road and uses it as a showcar on his driveway... that way you can get it SORN (Stated Of the Road) and do not have to pay any roadtax nor do a MOT.. yes you will not be able to use it but that's where trackdays come in handy ( and the company provided car ;) ).

If that happens all of a sudden the parliament will notice that there is less income of road tax, insurance companies will complain MOT stations will go out of business. Another economic problem just because of that stupid rule... MARK MY WORDS if this happens: they will reverse the ruling in their country, why do people forget that in any democracy the power is still with the people... Yes they will try it but in the end, they'll reverse it because we do not conform to it and when we do we'll stay nicely within the law, flipping them the bird... Whoever is in charge will have to reverse whatever ruling they have decided on to get their economy running properly again

For goodness sake, stop being sheep and read the Legislation yourselves before all panicking and writing to your MP.

Here is the actual Annex which details the test and the failure criteria. There is nothing in there which will stop you from continuing to modify your cars the way you have up until now.

http://eur-lex.europ...(51):FIN:EN:PDF

The Ace has caused widespread panic without being in possession of the fact, which has kneejerked everyone else to cry wolf.

For goodness sake, stop being sheep and read the Legislation yourselves before all panicking and writing to your MP.

Here is the actual Annex which details the test and the failure criteria. There is nothing in there which will stop you from continuing to modify your cars the way you have up until now.

The Ace has caused widespread panic without being in possession of the fact, which has kneejerked everyone else to cry wolf.

This is current

But the EU is proposing more stringent standards I'm still sifting through the proposals as they are dull and writen in a very bureaucratic way .Writing to your MP will do nothing as rules that come from Brussels have to be implimented. The UK government have no option.

I worry a little about my 90 as it is very modified

5D472C08-DE66-4F9C-8028-C483ADCE82EF-460-000000B68AC0F8EE.jpg

Nice Landy... Although my Lex is as it left the factory, my old Jeep Cherokee has some mods and is due more. My van has been modified too. The EU are sneaky B'stards and can slide in legislation to suit themselves..

This is current

But the EU is proposing more stringent standards I'm still sifting through the proposals as they are dull and writen in a very bureaucratic way .Writing to your MP will do nothing as rules that come from Brussels have to be implimented. The UK government have no option.

No, what I have posted is NOT current, it is the full text of the 'Roadworthiness Test' as detailed in your original post.

We shall see what they do, however we (the people) still have the power to act on whatever they decide to do... as long as we live in a democracy (EU or not) we have the right to get heard and I'm quite sure there will be some noise if this means we can't modify our motors ;)

Time will tell

This is the bit that hit me...

Notwithstanding the date of its last roadworthiness test, the competent authority may

require that a vehicle be subject to a roadworthiness test or additional testing before

the date referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, in the following cases:

– after an accident with serious damage to the main safety related components of

the vehicle such as wheels, suspension, deformation zones, steering or brakes,

– when the safety and environmental systems and components of the vehicle

have been altered or modified,

– in case of a change of the holder of the registration certificate of a vehicle.

Not had chance to do anything other than skim your info Low Rider but I am concerned abot the second paragraph... Should I change the size of the wheels on my vehicle for off road use, how would this affect the inspection that must be taken if I use non standard sized wheels..? Similarly since the ECU forms part of the safety and environmental system, if the ECU is remapped, how is this affected?

Ah! I have found the answer.... They have snuck in "Illegal powertrain modification", "Illegal engine modification" and "Control unit illegal modified" three little phrases that could take any modified vehicle off the road..... we need to define "Illegal"

We shall see what they do, however we (the people) still have the power to act on whatever they decide to do... as long as we live in a democracy (EU or not) we have the right to get heard and I'm quite sure there will be some noise if this means we can't modify our motors ;)

Time will tell

We only live in a democracy if we can vote out those who make the rules.... The people in the EU who make these rules have not been voted for and cannot be removed. You can change the UK government but not the mandarins in the EU.

Lets all drive to the euro building in brussels remove our silencers and race around it . Do they also realise all the jobs that may go if something like this is implemented.

The Redcar steel plant owned by Tata (?) was closed to reduce CO2 emissions... The owner was paid by the EU for its closure. Tata promptly opened an new plant in India (with the money that they were given by the EU) and the Redcar plant was closed for some time... Fortunately a company from Thailand has bought it and steel is now being made in the North East again (Until the EU pay the company with our money to close it down).......The EU cares about jobs????

I'll take my van... It has no catalytic converter or EGR valve... That'll really annoy them.. :arrrggg-matey:

This is the bit that hit me...

Notwithstanding the date of its last roadworthiness test, the competent authority may

require that a vehicle be subject to a roadworthiness test or additional testing before

the date referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, in the following cases:

– after an accident with serious damage to the main safety related components of

the vehicle such as wheels, suspension, deformation zones, steering or brakes,

– when the safety and environmental systems and components of the vehicle

have been altered or modified,

– in case of a change of the holder of the registration certificate of a vehicle.

Not had chance to do anything other than skim your info Low Rider but I am concerned abot the second paragraph... Should I change the size of the wheels on my vehicle for off road use, how would this affect the inspection that must be taken if I use non standard sized wheels..? Similarly since the ECU forms part of the safety and environmental system, if the ECU is remapped, how is this affected?

Ah! I have found the answer.... They have snuck in "Illegal powertrain modification", "Illegal engine modification" and "Control unit illegal modified" three little phrases that could take any modified vehicle off the road..... we need to define "Illegal"

It will hopefully not turn out to be too Draconion. Most of the things you quote are already illegal for road use like ECU mods that make it churn out excessive emissions, Mega wheels that stick out a lot, Giant engines that are not then registered to the vehicle and/or actually make it unsafe - in fact all really major changes that even now require the vehicle to be type-approved and re-registered because effectively very much no longer the vehicle originally registered. I am sure people will continue to enjoy an interest which exercises skill & imagination - but the few who go too far beyond their abilities may be prevented from using deeply polluting death-traps.

It won't be the end of motoring as we know it but it is just another turn of the thumb screw as bit by bit they push towards their ideal of no mods allowed in the years to come... At the moment the move seems to be towards standardisation across the continent. I do spend a fair bit of time in Europe and I love it but am, as you may have noticed very anti EU... I have even argued with a German copper over my Numberplates which rater than show the stars and GB, show the Union Flag and UK.... It would have been fair comment if I hadn't had a magnetic GB plate to the side of the numberplate as per requirements.

Time will tell

We only live in a democracy if we can vote out those who make the rules.... The people in the EU who make these rules have not been voted for and cannot be removed. You can change the UK government but not the mandarins in the EU.

EU Member states are allowed to divert from EU ruling, if it causes economic despair, and after a referendum is taken and 2/3 of the voters have given their vote against that rule! (why do you think we still have the pound sterling as our currency?)

EU Member states are allowed to divert from EU ruling, if it causes economic despair, and after a referendum is taken and 2/3 of the voters have given their vote against that rule! (why do you think we still have the pound sterling as our currency?)

We still have the pound sterling because of the lady that we all love to hate (Mrs Thatcher) Helped by the scare that we had when we joined the ERM.. Last time that we had a referendum on anything to do with the EU was 1975 when no one who voted for it thought that 75% of our laws and regulations would come from there.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links