Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rc Cars

little lex is :

a nitro HPI rs4 -2

these are not available any more but the rs4-3 are

they have shaft drives instead of belts and are far better

the kits usually need control gear as well as the kit !

many modifications are available

they arnt really toys

they cannot be used inside!!!!

a good source is rc cars

There is a place near me that does them for about £200 all in. Personally I found that website (above link) as easy to use as something er... really..er hard to use...?

They are great fun but never seen shaft drives before. sound good!

Loz :zee:

Ps, think I will have to get pads discs and Springs before I spend any of the folding on a toy car. I need to be rich like you pimpsters! where an I going wrong? :unsure:

you have to start training to be a pimpster before the fro!

that site is very hard to use if you don't know what to look for.. i want pretty pics and how much it will be

My Mini Lex is a Tamiya TL01 Chassis full time 4WD shaft driven.

It has an updated Tamiya Dyna run super touring motor (cost more than the car!!)

an electronic speed control with brake and reverse and uprated oil filled, coil over shocks

and a 2000mah Battery.

ok I got confused ta...

Am I right in saying the fuel cars are an awful lot quicker than the Battery operated cars ? It may seem like a silly question but I know nothing about these cars and am very interested although would have to find an Mk2 MR2 shell

hmm that depends on the engine really

I have had a few nitro cars with a the last one being a 1/10 scale HPI which had a 2 speed gearbox with a 1 horsepower engine! :ohmy: and this electric one with the new motor is much quicker and of course you get the added benifit of being able to reverse, I have never seen a Nitro car with a reverse gear :( its not fun when you have to go pick yourcar up cuz it's stuck somewhere lol.

a good advantage with the engine ones tho is the running times

your looking at around 5-10 mins with a Battery one then its swap Battery or charge it up, with a nitro one you get longer per tank and you can just refill it and off u go again.

ok I got confused ta...

Am I right in saying the fuel cars are an awful lot quicker than the battery operated cars ? It may seem like a silly question but I know nothing about these cars and am very interested although would have to find an Mk2 MR2 shell

in standard form the petrol is quicker

but with new motors the Battery ones can be faster

but the same as any car , the more you are willing to spend the faster they will go

both have advantages and disadvantages

petrol ones cant reverse

petrol ones are for outdoors only

petrol ones suffer with overheating

petrol ones sound brilliant

petrol ones are tunable

Battery ones can be used indoors

Battery ones have a use time of about ten minutes

the main point to remember is that they arnt really kids toys

they need lots of room

travelling at 40mph into an ankle will do some damage

but all in all they are jolly good fun

Is there much difference in the price for a good battery one and fuel one ? By good I mean similar performance, if I were to buy one I would have to be quick :)

Ryan, you're banned from buying toy..errr....model cars. You said funds might not allow you to make the Christmas party, so no spending allowed until Steve gets your deposit for the Christmas do :P :winky:

Is there much difference in the price for a good battery one and fuel one ? By good I mean similar performance, if I were to buy one I would have to be quick :)

Ryan, you're banned from buying toy..errr....model cars. You said funds might not allow you to make the Christmas party, so no spending allowed until Steve gets your deposit for the Christmas do :P :winky:

mum has spoken

now do as your told ryan :D :D :D

Rhaines If its your first model RC car I reccomend you buy a Battery one, they are cheaper and alot easier to get going etc.

engine ones can be a nightmare, modern ones seem very good but the older ones i used to run had alsorts of other stuff needed just get it going like glow starters etc.

my is200 was on eBay for 51 quid for the kit!

easy to build and very stable etc

mum has spoken

now do as your told ryan :D :D :D

I have the power to ground you too.

Ahh, the magical powers of a Mum :P :lol:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links