Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Centre Console Illumination Problem

A_LEX

Hi guys,

Part of the illumination to my centre console has stopped working. the three rings for the a/c

rear screen heater that normally glow orange are out, as well as the TC and snow button.

I have checked the 10A fuse for the A/C in the footwell fuse box and that is ok. Can anyone

suggest what to try next.

Thanks

Really Peter! all those bulbs blowing in one go, a doubt it very very much!!!

I'd start with fuses, then have a look at the rear of the a/c unit to see if for some bizarre reason that the mulit plug that powers the unit has come a drift, but i'd say fuses defo.

• 1 month later...

A Lex, it does seem odd that a few would be gone at the same time, but then the same happens in my kitchen! Illunination is on a 7.5a fuse but wouldn't explain half a circuit - the control comes from a single feed so can only be connection or bulbs. Is it all the backlights on the AC assembly? You'll need to check there's 12v with the lights on (grn & wht/grn, pins 11 & 12) at the AC assembly connector.

Shreksta, if the illumination fuse is ok, check the connection on the rheostat as I assume you had the covers off - maybe you've just knocked it. Which yellow wire? Where? Maybe we can help identify the circuit it would have affected.There are a few yellow circuits doing different functions. Be carefiul because one yellow wire circuit is your airbags - you don't want them going off while your head is stuck in somewhere.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links