Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi,

I have recently bought the 220D SE (2007) and for some reason, the sat nav and Bluetooth has no sound?

The sat nav tries to kick in as the radio/music dims in sound but no instructions ever come from the sat nav?

I have connected my Iphone 3gs to the Bluetooth easy enough, but then the same problem with the sat nav, no sound, ringtone or voice? The voice recognition doesnt pick up any sound either.

Any ideas on how/what I can do? I have checked all the settings and they are fine.

Bilts

Hi Bilts

Do you see the voice commands are activated on the screen? Does the car respond to your voice in any way (this sounds just scary :D and it's a pointless question as you already answered that)?

I believe that all the sounds you described are played through only one speaker. It would be the mid-range one in the drivers door. It could also be the tweeter, but the sound definitely comes from that direction only, not from everywhere. It probably has to do something with echo and the microphone. Whatever, it could be that the speakers in the door are disconnected or blown. I have never opened the door panel, so I don't know what it looks like on the inside. The speaker could even have separate leads. In my previous car there was a dedicated speaker between the steering wheel and the door that only played the notifications. That's the only thing that comes to mind right now. You can try and change the sound settings so only that corner is used for the music and see if it sounds any different from the opposite one. I'd be really interested to hear if there is any difference.

Good luck

Hi Briatore,

Thanks for this,

Yes I see the voice command but it has never picked up my voice and the only way I can use my phone to make/accept calls is by using the aux socket in the arm rest.

I would never attempt taking the door panel off myself (knowing me I would lose it!) but I have a friend who is a mechanic who could take a look.

I have looked at the sound settings before so I will try what you suggested.....its a good idea!!

thanks again

I will keep you posted

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links