Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi all - just joined the club following my acquisition of a GS300. Previously had a Jaguar S-Type which I had for 4 years. My first ownership of a Lexus and it beats the Jaguar hands down!!

It's a 2008 GS300 SE which I bought through Lexus Carlisle. Not my preferred colour combination (prefer Messa Red and Cream leather) but what a car ..... only had it three days and already think it's the bees' knees. It's comfortable, quick and looks great.

Just one problem so far, which I think may be driver-error, though I'm not sure how ... DOH!

With the wet weather we've had over the last three days, it's been difficult to really appreciate it, but having had a run in it this afternoon I parked it in the drive and 'thought' I'd double-check it to be secure by using the key fob. Three hours later, and following an hour or so of torrential rain, I discovered the car to have all its windows open and the side lights on. Is this driver-error? What have I done wrong, other than not to trust the auto-security system?

Well, it's now been dried out without a problem .... but I'll be out every so often to check that it's still secure and the windows have opened of their own accord.

Driver-error or an electronic blip because of the lightening activity in the area? Anyone else had a similar problem?

Hi all - just joined the club following my acquisition of a GS300. Previously had a Jaguar S-Type which I had for 4 years. My first ownership of a Lexus and it beats the Jaguar hands down!!

It's a 2008 GS300 SE which I bought through Lexus Carlisle. Not my preferred colour combination (prefer Messa Red and Cream leather) but what a car ..... only had it three days and already think it's the bees' knees. It's comfortable, quick and looks great.

Just one problem so far, which I think may be driver-error, though I'm not sure how ... DOH!

With the wet weather we've had over the last three days, it's been difficult to really appreciate it, but having had a run in it this afternoon I parked it in the drive and 'thought' I'd double-check it to be secure by using the key fob. Three hours later, and following an hour or so of torrential rain, I discovered the car to have all its windows open and the side lights on. Is this driver-error? What have I done wrong, other than not to trust the auto-security system?

Well, it's now been dried out without a problem .... but I'll be out every so often to check that it's still secure and the windows have opened of their own accord.

Driver-error or an electronic blip because of the lightening activity in the area? Anyone else had a similar problem?

All the windows and roof will open if you press and hold the fob button and vise versa to close them. You may just have held the button a tad too long.

And as if by sheer coincidental magic, my windows and sunroof were retracted this morning....hmmm!

First and only time in nearly 3 months of owning it.

And alarm didn't go off even with a breeze blowing through.

Moreover, tested alarm as described in the booklet, and without going into detail, I'm not entirely happy with the performance.

Interesting comment PJS. Have spoken with a couple of different Lexus dealerships and they can't understand how it happens. For the second time, yesterday morning, all four windows were again open although only partially. The boot was also released but not fully open. Had double-checked before bed and all looked well. Good job we had no rain over night as I'd only just finished drying it out from the first time.

For information, my alarm didn't activate either, despite the wind blowing quite strongly.

I live on the moors above Huddersfield, about a mile from twin radio masts and was wondering if the problem had something to do with the signals emanating from them.

Not heard of this problem before but if you're next to Emley Moor transmitter anything could happen, have you tried parking the car in a different location to see if it still happens?

Thanks for the comment. I'm about 12 miles form Emley Moor transmitter and already suffered the consequences in a Vectra years ago. Never had a problem before with the other cars I have ... Saab and VW.

I'll try moving positions with parking to see what happens and just keep an eye on it. The only thing that worries me is if it really is the car's programming and it happens again when parked in town or somewhere public.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links