Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Official E-Brake ****** Off Thread :) Conversion Time !

zimnismoboy34

noby76 fair comment can see why now, indeed not a design flaw but for the purpose of drifting would really aid the reaction times and extending a drift etc, maybe im just used to cars with a handbrake being in a certain place, and now i have to adapt.

Will give the conversion a shot and see what comes of it, will order the center consoles later though for now will focus more on the mechanicals and less on the looks for now :)

The us market all drive autos though weird that they used a normal hand brake on a auto, usually its the foot parking brake and not the handle parking brake.

The handbrake location is not close to the driver but that doesnt mean one cannot get the perfect drift as demonstrated with this stock TTE IS200 i think more practice will crack it.

The IS300 came in manual form in the US as well. They don't all drive autos. Most cars designed for the LHD market had the park brake closest to the driver. Just look in any Peugeot for example.

im glad there is some response on this, sure enough using the e-brake in its current location will work, can be a little confusing at times and disorienting too, but ive managed to get the hang of it, still havent had time to remove the center console to see how it all bolts together but will give it a shot as soon as ive got a mo, and post some pics, im sure it will make the world of difference as i know for sure my cusco lsd 1/2way diff has already made, the car feels so stable and predictable, with the torsen hmmm left alot to be desired .

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a quick squint over the 1st 2or3 posts in here! If u were any good at all at 'drifting like a maniac' it wouldnt matter if the handbrake was in the passengers footwell because u wouldnt use it.. Ud fit a hydraulic handbrake which does the job much better and u could fit it as close to ur little arms as u wanted!

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links