Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi there guys, I have recently purchased a mkiv ls 400 and will fill ye in on the details when I have a little more time this evening. But for now my question is this;

In the sat nav model can the cd changer in the glovebox be replaced with one from another lexus, say a GS 300? Apparently a previous owner removed it as it was faulty and the unit has since gone missing. Funnily enough i still have the 6 disc cartridge holder, just no cd player! All help appreciated guys as a quick search on here has not turned up anything for me.

I think you may have misunderstood me Dale, I am not asking about a cd changer from a 400, but rather will one from another model lexus be a direct replacement? My quick search did not turn up any answers to this, but thanks all the same for your reply.

Lexus will have just rebadged a cd changer. On my old Audi A4 I bought a Panasonic (or was it Pioneer) unit for a fraction of the price of an Audi unit, it was identical (apart from the badge).

They are nomally Pioneer units with some having Nakamichi and later Mark Levinson.

Thanks for the replies guys. Steve, as soon as I familiarise myself with up-loading photo's I will post a few up, along with the car itself, but I'm just not that advanced yet :innocent: .

To try and explain it, there is only one white connector.

It has 7 pins across the bottom row, and 5 pins across the top row.

On the row with the 7 pins, pin number 6 ( counting from left to right ) is actually just an ''empty'' slot. Therefore it is an 11 wire connector. It is approx 25mm in width by 10 mm in height.

I enquired from a local guy today who has a GS 300 breaking and he confirmed that the cd changer in that is only a 10 pin connector, and is almost square in shape with 5 pins in each row.

I have however managed to source an Ls 400 breaking, 2000 reg. I am hoping that this will be an exact match with my 1998 even though mine is the sat nav model. I should have it by tuesday so fingers crossed. I will keep ye posted.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links