Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mk4 Ls400 Front And Rear Shocks/struts

Anyone know a good OEM supplier of these, or is my best option the dealer? The car's MOT is coming up and I've a missing boot on one of the rear shocks so I reckon that since they're 14 years old I might as well replace them. The rears seem pretty easy to get in and out. If there's a noticeable improvement in ride quality I'll do the fronts too.

Hiya

I replaced the front shocks on my old P plate Ls400. Never did the rears so i cannot help there.

Got them from Sutton Auto Factors online shop http://www.buypartsb....uk/?autospares

Type your reg into the box on right side of screen and look to see what bits they may have. If the car is the one on your avatar then the fronts for yours will be £58.25 each.

The shocks i got were Excel-G Twin Tube Gas Pressure, same as they sell now. I had a shop near me so i collected them.

Simple fit by the mechanic, he said they are a good make.

I noticed the difference in the car to the worn old ones that came off.

Hope it helps.

Chris

Hiya

Dunno how he did it, i left car and parts with him, collected car in the evening completed.

Sorry can't help further than that. Will ask next time i see him as garage is very local to me.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Well I have all the bits now for both sides, just need a nice bit of weather to sort it.

8142181793_3560512716_h.jpg

The shock is from Maduggo's supplier, everything else is from Lexus. The spring sits on that huge dust boot (about £60), the orange thing is some kind of bump stop I guess. I wasn't sure about buying the top mount, a circular bit of metal, but it was only £25 or so and it has a big thick rubber collar around the edge, so I thought I might as well as it'll help reduce noise getting into the cab. A new bolt for the shock is a no brainer, the old one will be corroded to hell. Total cost, about £150 for the above, so £300-ish for both sides.

Well the car had its MOT today and sailed through. That said, there's a very small amount of play in the rear wheels which I'm certain is worn bushings.

I'm pretty sure replacing all the above bits will make a huge difference, the car is lovely on smooth asphalt, however, the rear axle thumps over bumps in the road (front is pretty quiet). And the rear of the car is at least an inch lower than it should be.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links