Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto Transmission Illumination Problem

I was driving home the other day and noticed the auto trans shift selects were in darkness, i gave it a bit of a tap and it all lit up again. what a weird thing to go huh? anyone else? may see if i can take panels off if it purists because sometimes its hard to know where the gears are when its dark... prolly just a loose connection?

The gear selection should also show on the instrument panel on the dash?

Yes it does, but i tend to look at the shifter... this is force of habit after driving a focus auto without indicator and shifter easily put in wrong gear... getting used to just gently tapping the IS into drive now tho.... :)

Having the same problem mate. Initially they would come on with the tapping, now they've gone completely.

Thats annoying, i hope it doesnt happen on mine, you planning to try and diagnose? if so let me know how it goes, visa versa.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply. My car is due for servicing sometime in Jan / Feb and I will ask my mechanic to look into that if its straight forward.

If he gets it sorted, I will ask him how its done and will update you on this.

I actually took off the panel to replace my ash tray light but totally forgot to have a snoop around. The reason i prolly forgot is because it actually hasnt happened for ages now, but will be good to know if your mechanic finds anything

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links