Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2004 Lexus Is200 Built In Satnav System

ICE T

Hi everyone,

I am a new member,

I have a standard 2004 IS200SE : NO BUILT IN SATNAV.

I only have : TIP TRAY AND VENTS UNIT.

Does anyone know if there is existing wiring loom/connectors etc. behind my present tip tray and vents unit to connect to a Lexus CD satnav unit ?

I am considering buying a used Lexus CD satnav & housing unit and just want to be sure that there is something to connect to ? (plug & play?)

Any help would be appreciated as I am not very technically minded,

Thanking you in advance Tony

Hi there. This question has been asked a few times on here and I'm afraid the answer is that it's not possiable without a lot of work and expense! It's def not just a case of plugging it in. Needs new wiring etc.

There are people that have done it but they all say it's a complete arse ache and it'll cost ya! Not really worth it either as the OEM Lexus sat nav from the 200 and 300 isn't that good.

As above - the loom and connectors aren't present behind the dash, nor is the loom and connectors in place in the boot for the actual Nav unit either. You can buy the full thing (screen and dash unit, along with the Nav unit itself) for a few hundred quid, but you're probably looking another £500-£1000 to get it all wired in by an auto electrician and it will be a full custom job, not a simple OEM retro fit or aftermarket plug-in affair.

Hello, as the 2 previous members have said it is definitely not plug and play - that would just be too easy.You best bet would probably be to see if you can get hold of a Sony Sat Nav that has been built into a Lexus is 200 sat nav housing(some had 1 for sale a while back).There are some threads on this subject matter on here somewhere.

I'm still toying with the idea of getting (another) flip up unit, ripping the screen out and fitting a GPS in there running TomTom I really love the idea of it (especially if I can also hook up a reverse cam, as I've seen others do) but the cost is a little inhibitive (considering how much I'd use it). That and later 7" units aren't particularly common to come by... I did buy an earlier 5" version to do it to, then decided against it and sold it on

• 2 months later...

Iv just purchased the sat nav to replace my tip tray and vents, i know the loom isnt there (as i have the non sat nav IS200) but i was hoping to place a multimedia centre unit in its place. Can i still get the motor to work as this is the only thing i would need to wire up? (Im new to all this upgrading)

• 2 weeks later...

A aftermarket system would be better than the lexus one anyway with features such as rear view camera input, video playback for example and of course GPS navigation with free updates. However I think it would be much less hassle to just get a double din interface to replace the head unit that will also double up as a better audio system.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas, iv fitted it with a media tablet and it looks great. My only problem now is for some reason when i press the open/close button it now doesnt open/close it keeps tilting. Any ideas?

Have you wired them right? One button is tilt, one is open/close. Maybe you've wired them both to tilt

BTW, get some pics up of it, or even better a short video. Always nice to see a custom install

i've got the sat nav in my car, it only works with the original cd player still in place and you'll be lucky if you haven't got err3 code, i have a jvc cd player so the sat nav has never worked, i want it out of my sight, i need the space on the top really, lexus satnav is gay! lol i use my android phone with google maps for my navigation, pointless fixing the lexus sat nav tbh.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links