Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Essential Care Service Plan

Hello eveyone,

I have recently bought a Lexus IS220D. Its a 2006 model and has done 55000 miles. It has full lexus service history. I heard about the essential care service plan for 159 pounds a year for 2 years. This cover servicing, parts and labour. This sounds too good to be true. Could anyway telll me if it really is that good and a bit more about it please< and about there own experiences with the plan.

Thank you,

Adi

That does sound too good to be true.

Where did you get this info from?

I'm not in the position to have to get this sort of cover yet, but I suppose it depends on what is supposed to be covered.

A single standard service on a Lexus would come to more than two years worth of those premiums, so I don't see how that works.

No doubt others on this forum will soon enlighten us. :unsure:

A Lexus service is a Lexus service I guess so looking at the raw figures, its a saving of £47.71 based on what I've paid previously.

Its one minor service and one major service + 2x MOT's

My servicing cost (haggling between Liverpool and Chester)

£122.66 minor

£193.05 Major

MOT £25 x2 = £50 (I got a voucher with my services)

Total £365.71

Service plan = £318.00

The savings would probably be a lot more if there aren't two franchises close so they aren't competing for the business. I'm lucky in that respect.

Edit - this was for my IS250 - not sure not servicing costs for 220D

It is on their website HERE

I've got the plan and have just had a major service done.

It is a full service to all intents and purposes, including a fluid change etc, there are a few differences in stuff they check so essentially they do less without compromising the service.

The only other thing is that you get an essential care card that is stamped rather than your service book.

So I think if you want to keep the service history as Lexus, where you would have gone to a local garage instead, it's worth it.

Especially if the vehicle is over 5 years old.

You don't have to have bought the vehicle from Lexus.

Alternatively you can speak to your dealer and have a 'normal' service plan paid monthly. (but with an older vehicle I think the essential care is adequate)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links