Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sticking Brake. Again (I Know)

petayV8

ok just hear me out. I know this has been covered but im still in mystery. Yes my driver side brake was sticking. ive seen its common, so of course i thought new caliper. However I took it to the garage just to be sure and we looked at it together, took it all apart and everything seems fine. The pistons sprung back very nicely and the caliper was free and clean. So grease it up, cleaned the pads and put it all back together. Its as good as new and have been driving for about 3 days with both calipers stone cold even driving through town. However today I noticed the drivers side was very slightly warmer, jacked it up and the wheel is slightly stiff and stiffer than the other, but nothing compared to what it was originally. so im guessing the problem is returning? but the caliper is fine, the pistons are free, the slide pins are clean. so what is the REAL cause of the IS sticky brake? My mechanic said to change the pads if it happened again, but there nearly new although were cheap ones. Has anyone actually found out the problem? or have we just replaced the caliper without thinking twice? Ill keep an eye on it

I would try sanding the metal edges of the pads (the surface that slides within the caliper), to remove any excesses of paint.

Copper grease them before refitting.

I think that will be the next thing to try if it does get bad again. already greased up like mentioned. Im gonna give it a good run tonight 100mph+ up the bypass :)

Well im gonna get it looked at, at another garage for a second opinion next week. im not convinced just changing the caliper is the long term fix (like read on other posts)

• 2 weeks later...

Slide pins were seized after all that. Free'd them up for now, new caliper on its way. Also greased up other caliper to hopefully prevent it happening other side. Cant believe how free'er the car feels :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links