Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

No Headlights?

My is200 has HID's fitted and the other day the passenger side went out, followed by the drivers one starting to flicker 5 minutes later and then went off. The headlight relay now clicks continuously untill u either remove the relay or disconnect the ballast units on the lights.

Ive now gone and bought a new HID kit thinking the ballast units have gone, only to fit thebkit and find the lights still dont work and the headlight relay has started to click again!

Anyone know the cause of this or is it just a new relay. I have read somewere about a anti theft ecu causing the fault aswell?

If it aint gonna b an easy fix or turns out to be a costly one then im just gonna go and rewire a new circuit to the lights via the stork on the steering column cuz i cant b arsed **** about to find a cause and it not be a perminant fix

Any advice greatly appreciated

Hi have you checked your highlight fuse as well???

Yeh ive checked the fuse in the fusebox under the bonnet and thats fine (unless theres another in one of the other 2 fuse boxes)

Ive checked it today with a tester, i have 12volts going to both + sides of the relay, if i put a 12volt feed to the switchlive then the lights come on, the earth seems to be fine, but has an intermitent pulse on its continuety. If i put the relay back in, it buzzes and i only get 8.2 volts at the headlights.

any idea's? it seems to me that either the relay is at fault, or there is a bad earth to the relay causing it to pulse? Or is the relay controlled by an earth feed from the ECU?

at the minute im thinking on running a new earth to the relay to try and solve the issue

fitted a new earth temporarily to the relay today and bingo, we have lights again, i think this is defo a anti theft issue as i dont have a horn either, ive got a new ecu on its way, hopefully this will cure it, if not im going to bypass it with new feeds to the lights and horn because im not spending out loads of money on a fault that could re-occur, id rather sort it once and for all

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links