Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

post-45250-0-71615500-1354219953.jpg

My Lovely Lexus has arrived in NZ!

Only one issue, the NZ map disc can't be read by the DVD.

Does anyone know a solution without replacing the DVD unit, and will that work anyway, without replacing the display unit?

Nige

Its freezing here, send me a first class ticket and I will see if I can sort it for you , I'll bring a hammer, always works.

Does look very smart in your driveway.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I have a similar hammer, and its just warming up here!

It'll be over 20 degrees for the next 4 or 5 months every day!

Which is why I came here 3 years ago today!

Alright please don't rub it in. Good luck with sorting the Satnav out Mike

• 1 month later...

Quick update on this issue.

Good news, I have got it sorted!

The Lexus techies around the world weren't able to give me a definitive solution, but....

I found out the Lexus did supply NZ new Sc430 with sat nav that worked from 2005.

I thought if I could find an owner and swop DVD drives it might work.

Issues were, would the connectors work as the UK DVD is an AISIN Unit part number 86841-50100, whereas the AUS/NZ

Unit is a DENSO unit part number 86841-33070.

And would the head unit recognise the new part!

Well, after a month of searching I found one Sc430 owner with sat nav and she was willing to let me do it.

As you've guessed, it powered up and initialised, showed NZ on the screen rather than Europe, and all worked functionally!

Trouble is - a new part cost me $3,800 about £2,000 at current exchange rates And that's after a huge discount!

So I will have a spare Europe DVD if anyone needs one!

It's a shame that Lexus weren't able to tell that this would work- well it does!!

Nigel

Quick update on this issue.

Good news, I have got it sorted!

The Lexus techies around the world weren't able to give me a definitive solution, but....

I found out the Lexus did supply NZ new Sc430 with sat nav that worked from 2005.

I thought if I could find an owner and swop DVD drives it might work.

Issues were, would the connectors work as the UK DVD is an AISIN Unit part number 86841-50100, whereas the AUS/NZ

Unit is a DENSO unit part number 86841-33070.

And would the head unit recognise the new part!

Well, after a month of searching I found one Sc430 owner with sat nav and she was willing to let me do it.

As you've guessed, it powered up and initialised, showed NZ on the screen rather than Europe, and all worked functionally!

Trouble is - a new part cost me $3,800 about £2,000 at current exchange rates And that's after a huge discount!

So I will have a spare Europe DVD if anyone needs one!

It's a shame that Lexus weren't able to tell that this would work- well it does!!

Nigel

To think we used to moan about the fact that they didn't put starting handles in the car anymore. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links