Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So I had a major service at Lexus Bolton, and I thought what great people, cannot fault them for customer service and the speed of their work.

Unfortunately there is a large but…

Firstly I topped the washer fluid up the morning before I set off to Lexus Bolton so was quite surprised to find a £4 charge on my bill for Washer Fluid top up!

Secondly they told me both my rear brake callipers were totally sized and needed to be replaced, quite a common claim on these forums so I though “ok one of those things”

Fortunately my brother in Law (Works for Honda) sourced me a new pair of Callipers for far less than the price of 1 calliper from Lexus, bargain I thought!

So I dropped my car off to my local garage who I have used for my previous cars for years, (I went for a service at Lexus to maintain the full history) and I went back on Saturday morning to collect it from my local garage.

I asked what the bill was and the mechanic replied “£20”

Me “£20?”

Local garage “Yer your callipers slide pins were seized, the caps have been left off and they filled with water and rusted, we freed them off and put plenty of Greece in there and put the rubber boot on properly no need for the whole calliper to be replaced”

So basically due to incompetence from the London Lexus garage who maintained a full service history with no expense spared on extras London Lexus caused the callipers sliders to seize.

And Lexus Bolton rather than charge me £20 to free them off and sort the job wanted £700 to replace a part that doesn’t need replacing.

Needless to say I won’t be returning to Lexus for any kind of service or repairs.

And the car has had 4 alloys in the last 3 years under warranty due to de lacquer and 2 since the warranty expired paid for, guess what I saw this weekend while washing? Yup De lacquered front left alloy… Alloy number 7 that’s more than 1 a year average!

Love the car shame about the Lexus garages, I thought these guys were supposed to be some of the best in the business?

Hi. I can understand your frustration. I found Lexus dealers to be a bit hit and miss. Their either excellent or terrible.

Yes the corroding alloys are nuisance. More owners have this problem than do not :(

As for your callipers, if you have a full Lexus service history and as you say you've had no expense spared on extra parts etc then Surely you should now be calling your Lexus dealer, telling them the story and what your mechanic found and see what they say. If you have a fully stamped service book and receipts then they can't argue that it wasn't them. What have you got to lose and you might be surprised at what they've got to say. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links