Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Parrot Mki9200 Install 'how To' Pic Heavy

Raymond.

Right, time to install my Parrot car kit into the new car and thought I'd take some pictures along the way. (bad ones to add).....

Excuse the bad quality pictures, they were taken with a phone and it has been pelting it down all day not to mention how dark it was today.

I've done a write-up on this before but on a different car. See here.

The car is an IS200 Sport from 2001. It might differ from newer or older models but I doubt it.

What you need:

1x IS200/300

1x Parrot MKi9200 kit

1x Sensible person that doesn't do this on a cold rainy day in December!

Tools used: (not many) oldforum5smiley.gif

1x Plastic stick

1x Philips screwdriver

1x 10mm socket and wrench

2x Plasters

It was raining today, more like it was pelting it down! I took the gazebo from the hot tub and parked the car under it to keep dry. How dinky does it look compared to the 5? icon_eek.gif

file.jpg

First thing to remove is the top of the centre dash. Stick a plastic stick as shown in the picture and the same on the other side. Now grab the unit and pull forwards to remove.

file-1.jpg

Next thing is the panel with the heated seat buttons in. This just pulls out.

file-2.jpg

Next is the radio/cassette/CD and climate panel. There are four bolts holding it in. Two at the top and two at the bottom. Undo them and disconnect the two plugs from the climate unit followed by the stereo ones.

file-4.jpg

file-3.jpg

This has cleared some room so the first thing I installed was the AUX input cable which is going to live in the armrest cubby. For that the middle console needs to come out and the cubby removed to be able to drill a neat hole.

There are six screws holding the whole assy in.

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

file-7.jpg

The leather gaiter for the handbrake just pulls up and off.

file-8.jpg

Then the middle console just pulls out towards the back of the car.

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

With the cubby out drill a 20mm hole and feed the cable through. Mr. Lexus was expecting this as he left some handy holes to attach cable ties to. icon_razz.gif

file-11.jpg

file-13.jpg

The middle console can now go back in and the next thing is the microphone which is going to live just above the rear view mirror.

Take off the sun visor by undoing marked screws and unplug the vanity light plug.

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Next is the map reading light and sunroof controls panel. This just pos off and then there's two screws holding it in.

file-16.jpg

Clip the microphone in and run the cable over the roof lining down towards the A-pillar. Use plenty of cable ties and secure it to the existing wiring already there.

file-15.jpg

Next of is the SOT lead (more like SOD lead as there's NO room in these cars) Plug it into the AMP (this is where the plasters come in) and the AMP plug into the SOT. Connect the yellow wire straight from the Parrot box to the MUTE on the SOT as a secondary mute or the rear speaker will still be playing music when the Parrot kit is in use.

file-19.jpg

Cable tie everything to avoid rattles etc.

file-21.jpg

The blue wire from the SOT goes to any IGN. I chose the cigar lighter as it is easy accessible and it's cold outside... smiley_freezing.gif Stick a fuse in just in case!

file-20.jpg

The Parrot control box just fits above the climate panel and I mean just..

file-22.jpg

Tidy up your mess and grab a beer! drunk.gif

file-23.jpg

I wanted the display on the top centre dash but I'm likely to retrofit OEM NAV next summer so it's gone underneath next to the ashtray. The display clears the ashtray flap so that can still be used for storage.

file-24.jpg

And the cubby to plug the kids iPods in.

file-25.jpg

GOOF.gif

Hopefully this might be any use to any of you...

That is a quality install Ray. Enough respect fella to go to the time to do such a comprehensive right up with pics as well. I'm sure this will be invaluable to members who want to fit the same.

I for 1 am glad you bought a Lex, I can see your gonna be a very valuable member to this forum :)

Oh and Yeah your IS looks tiny compared to the 5!! Lol...

Cheers Chris,

I joined here and I quite like it although it seems very quiet.. Love that it runs on IPB as that's what I'm used to.

Hopefully I will gain some knowledge of the IS200 from here and get it up to scratch or up to the level of my E39 knowledge.

There'll not be many things happening to the IS until weather changes as I hate working in wet and cold.

I might do the fog to brake aka skyline mod but then with fog to tail lights only or I'll end up with 6 brake lights...

The 5 is looking a bit sorry for itself and I hope it'll be gone soon as I can't bare looking at it like this every day. I really loved this car!

I have to agree, it's a little quiet on here. I guess it's because there aren't as many Lexus on the roads as there are BMW or other makes of car so less owners to join the club lol

I'm a member of 2 other Lexus forums but the LOC is by far the most informative and friendly.

I want to do the fog lights to brake light conversion. Or what about changing the fogs to reverse lights and putting clear lenses instead of red? Put the fogs where the reverse lights are? Just an idea but I think that would look great!

Wicked write up mate, can never have too many pics with write up in my book.

I did the skyline brake / tail light mod and i now have 6 brake lights lol, looks good mate do it, hardest part to find are the bulb holders to convert the fogs, check out eBay or scrapyards for a set.

Cheers Jomo,

I'll use a normal camera next time as the pictures are shocking.

I've got the bulb holders (the ones that need shaving down) and the diodes already.

I'm doing the tail to fog today and the brake to fog another time. When it's a bit warmer and dry most likely...

All the mods on the LOC seem to be fogs to brake light which im not that bothered about. Ide much rather do fog to tail light mod like this. So just to confirm youve done it so the fogs get brighter when the fog button is pressed for MOT and when you brake just outer lights get brighter yes?

All the mods on the LOC seem to be fogs to brake light which im not that bothered about. Ide much rather do fog to tail light mod like this. So just to confirm youve done it so the fogs get brighter when the fog button is pressed for MOT and when you brake just outer lights get brighter yes?

Yeah tail lights on all four, fogs on when fog switch on and brake lights just the two outers and 3rd brake light and spoiler light.

Just skip the diode fitting bit.

Just get a bulb holder with three wires. Two for the fog function and the third goes to the number plate positive to illuminate the tail light if that makes sense?

Cheers mate,

As said pretty easy job. Would've been better if it wasn't so cold trying to solder wires together...

Looked in the rear view mirror when I was parked outside the shop earlier (as you do)... and it looks good.

I think I'll leave it like this. 4 brake lights is enough I think

• 1 year later...

If your connecting to the oem headunit i believe its call an INTELLI-ISO-SOT-7641-p

if your fitting the Parrot MKi9200,MKi9100

eBay link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INTELLI-ISO-SOT-7641-p-for-Parrot-MKi9200-MKi9100-Lexus-GX470-IS200-IS300-LS430-/320849021711?pt=UK_Holders_Mounts&hash=item4ab4178b0f

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links