Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Induction!

Disco stu

• 2 weeks later...

I got a bargin on flebay got 2 apexi twin funnel filters for 30 quid.... for the breather filter I just used one of them mini k&n style filters if I new how to upload pics would show ya

Quite quiet actualy but only been round the town, need t reset the ecu a think,sometimes feels restrictive,like driving with the snow botton on? Can u post the th thread or tell mre wat t do please, also its just a cheap lookin kone filter on it wil need t get an apexi

If you want the best performance for your car then fit a K&N panel filter. K&N never created an induction kit for the IS200 because they could not offer any better performance than the standard induction system ducting. They got a very minor increase with a panel filter but that did sacrifice some torque as far as I recall.

As for having a sharper throttle response, that will not happen either as the throttle is controlled by a motor and it is what controls the responsiveness.

If you want noise just get a 25mm hole saw and bore holes in the air box.

Pull the 20 amp EFI fuse and the 15 amp ECTS fuse. They're in the box in the engine bay by the left suspension turret. Under the cover will tell you which is which.

If you can't be arsed with that just pull the neg terminal off the Battery, you'll lose your clock, radio, trip meter settings tho.

I run the the bigger engined IS and opted for the Performance Panel filter instead of an induction kit even though my engine could gain from one. as confirmed in this link

if you have a smaller, non Turbo engine which is less torqey or generates its maximum torque at the upper range 4000rpm + then get a performance panel filter.

If you have a bigger engine or Turbo charged with intercooler which generates ample torque low down the rev band 4000rpm or below then running an induction kit will be fine but either with a cold air feed if its open cone type or best with ones that comes with heat shield or carbon fibre.

I suppose if its just the induction sound on full throttle you want then running an induction kit on a smaller or less torqier engine is fine but performance might be compromised due to heat which = more fuel comsumption as the engine will not be running effeciently or as its supposed to.

http://www.torquecars.com/tuning/induction-kits.php

Ooo good info :) yea it was just for that induction sound,i know theres no performance gains on an untuned engine. I have a cold air feed waiting to go on, u have any idea what the sometimes restricted feeling might be?

Ooo good info :) yea it was just for that induction sound,i know theres no performance gains on an untuned engine. I have a cold air feed waiting to go on, u have any idea what the sometimes restricted feeling might be?

you mean when running the car with cold air feed or just with the induction kit on its own?

Yea,wen u put the foot down it some times feels restricted, like wen u have the snow button on.i havent reset the ecu or got the cold air feed on yet tho.

Yes its the down side of having the induction kit on a less torquey engine or should i say a peaky engine. as per my link the Induction kit robs you off low down power as its not building enough pressure to fill the cylinders due to your engine having less/shorter stroke. in a nut shell big engines have a longer stroke(but not always) so at lower revs the piston will move up and down a longer distance to fill the cylinder with enough air think of it as a hospital syringe! the longer you move the plunger towards you the more liquid you can draw into it the shorter you move the plunger towards you the less liquid you can draw into it which in an engines case it will be air. hence bigger engines will not suffer with an induction kit but smaller engine will do . and once you go past a certain rpm it then wakes up an becomes lively and takes off right? your factory air box was designed to over come this effect by buliding more pressure at lower revs to make the car feel lively at these revs too but as you have replaced it with the induction kit you will loose this advantage and will only be lively once more pressure has been built in the cylinders and thats at higher revs.

it feels better today actually,its been on for 3days now. Yea its diffinatly given it more of a kick when u get up the revs, ok al get that cold air feed on and a box made, see if it kind of evens it out a bit,thanks for all the advise :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone is getting rid of / selling the stock under bonnet air scoop on the IS300(don't know what it's called exactly sorry), it links to the air inlet. It's like a plastic duct with a 90 degree turn, shows it in this pic - http://i929.photobucket.com/albums/ad140/nickat916/0112_08zoom2002_Lexus_IS_300Full_Engine_Bay_View_zps3596e7a5.jpg

I live in the UK so if someone's able to do this for me I'd pay for the postage if it's not too expensive.

And is there other bits of the site that's better suited for me to ask people about this please?

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone is getting rid of / selling the stock under bonnet air scoop on the IS300(don't know what it's called exactly sorry), it links to the air inlet. It's like a plastic duct with a 90 degree turn, shows it in this pic - http://i929.photobuc...zps3596e7a5.jpg

I live in the UK so if someone's able to do this for me I'd pay for the postage if it's not too expensive.

And is there other bits of the site that's better suited for me to ask people about this please?

Hi mate get in contact with Ricky he breaks IS's and helped me out with my wing mirror. he can sort you out with any part you need off an IS200/300. might be able to post the intake scoop over to you for a small fee.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/lexus-is300-wiper-blade-breaking-parts-spares-not-is200-/300863407950?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item460cdb474e

@noby76 Hello, thanks for replying so quickly, I've had a look through what the man is selling on eBay and he's not selling the part I want. Does he display everything he's selling or should I send him a private message asking him about the bit?

Do you know if there's somewhere else on the site I can ask about this?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links