Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

i have a 2004 LS430, and recently the low tire warning symbol popped up. Checked tyres, and indeed there was one which had lost some pressure.

I gather you should reset the system post inflating tyres, but i cannot find out how.

I realise after searching online and on this forum that different LS models /model years have a button under the steering wheel ( TPMS?) which mine does not have. Therefore there should be some sort of reset switch or procedure to get rid of the warning.

Any ideas as to how you do this specifically on a 2004 car?

Oh and why is it in American English? i.e Wrong :shifty:

Hi All,

i have a 2004 LS430, and recently the low tire warning symbol popped up. Checked tyres, and indeed there was one which had lost some pressure.

I gather you should reset the system post inflating tyres, but i cannot find out how.

I realise after searching online and on this forum that different LS models /model years have a button under the steering wheel ( TPMS?) which mine does not have. Therefore there should be some sort of reset switch or procedure to get rid of the warning.

Hi My new one also 2004 has the same warning I will be looking into it as I couldn't spot the reset button.

As for the American English The cars were built for primarily the American market hence the name. Lexus (luxury export US). I shall follow this post with intrest. Mark

Hi All,

Hi My new one also 2004 has the same warning I will be looking into it as I couldn't spot the reset button.

As for the American English The cars were built for primarily the American market hence the name. Lexus (luxury export US). I shall follow this post with intrest. Mark

Call me thick if you like, but I didn't know that :). You learn something new every day!

I was told Lexus stood for Large Executives US. In fact I'm sure I've seen it in print some where and heard it on tv as well. Its probably a tale that has gained credentials over the years. Mind you I don't really care how they came up with the name.

I would like to imagine that some Japanese engineer suddenly had a eureka moment whilst working on/designing the retractable steering column and jumped up and announced he had thought of a brand name!

Hi All,

Mine's a 2004 car. This warning comes on for me nearly every time the wheels come off, but some time after. No idea why. Anyway I've had to use the reset a few times. The button's under the steering wheel but it's nearer the pedals than the steering wheel! You've probably just not looked far down enough! There are instructions in the manual if you have that, but basically you have to press the button once to reset, then press and hold until you see the 'initialised' message,

Hi All,

Mine's a 2004 car. This warning comes on for me nearly every time the wheels come off, but some time after. No idea why. Anyway I've had to use the reset a few times. The button's under the steering wheel but it's nearer the pedals than the steering wheel! You've probably just not looked far down enough! There are instructions in the manual if you have that, but basically you have to press the button once to reset, then press and hold until you see the 'initialised' message,

Cheers Alun, will check in the morning. Seems a daft place for a button, certainly not spotted it so far !

OK found the button(s). One is marked Set, the other is unlabelled. Pressing Set cleared the Low Tyre warning on dash.

What a mad place to put some buttons- who would look near where your toes usually are?

Cheers for the advice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links