Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japan - Eastside Goodness

Kavey

Rightio chaps (and chapesses)

I'm off to Japan with work from Aug 16th to 21st. I want to get hold of some styling bits (Tom's, Modellista etc) for my Altezza. Things like Eyelids and other crap that will fit into my suitcase. :shifty:

Anyone know where there might be some decent stores that sell that kind of stuff? - I'll be staying fairly central in Tokyo.

Any help from our Japanese friends on the board? Anyone wanna mini-meet East-side?! B)

Also want to try to import a Blitz Supercharger kit direct from Japan. Anyone know how I might do this? :unsure:

Cheers!

Asam

Hi Kavey

There's a store named Plaza Anjou in Aichi pre. which is basicly car deler of Toyota and also

TRD, TOM'S, BLITS and etc. are available. And there's a head office of ANC ( Altteza network club) which is the biggest Altteza owner's club in Japan in it. Also Mr. Katayama who is a person of TMC develop dept. for Altteza as a cheef enginner is very close to this store.

So I think you'll be able to get many of parts and imformations for Altteza from there.

I' m living in Nagoya city central of Japan and it's 45 minutes drive from Anjou Plaza.

It will take 1 hour 40 minutes from Tokyo to Nagoya by Sinkansen train( like a Euro Star).

If you'll be able to come to Nagoya, I'll be able to help you specialy Saturday & Sunday.

Couse I have to work on week day........

see you

Masashi

Great news... but trekking out of Tokyo isn't the easiest of things for someone that can't read any Japanese :) And the time for travel would be impractical.

I really need to find some places in Tokyo.... surely there must be some? :unsure:

The only day I am likely to have free to check out shops is Wednesday 20th August too - day before I fly back :(

Kavey

TRD shop is in this place at Tokyo and Amlux too.

You can get there easier than Aichi pre.

see this one

maga wave in Tokyo

But I usually go to Tokyo on my business trip within one day.

And my costomer from UK always comes Nagoya from Narita air port by himself

although he doesn't read any Japanese... You'll see English sign anywhere.

So you can do it!

I need to check my business schedule to take the day off.

What do you think? Kavey

masashi

Cool! Like I said the only day I will have 'free' is the Wednesday before I go back on Thursday, so as much as I can get in the day will be great.

I'm after places with TOM'S, TRD, Modellista and Blitz stuff to name a few :winky:

Is there a 'car' district with lots of stores with customisation? :unsure:

Wish I'd thought to ask about shop locations before I went - doh! (Still at least I managed to get a cheap portable hard disk MP3 player for the car in the Akihabara district of Tokyo.)

Spend over 10,000 yen (£50) in some shops and you can get the stuff without paying vat type tax (about 10% I think) if you have your passport with you. You're given a certificate to present at customs on the way out of Narita and supposedly show the items at the same time. When I took my pressies along in a carrier bag they didn't even look at the bag though.

Some of the food is really good, some is :sick: but it's worth giving it all a try. It's wierd travelling home from the restraunt in the evening and smugly watching everyone else commute home from work - they work mad :duh: hours.

kavey, what a generous offer from masashi.i assume this is your first visit to japan and that it is a business trip, seems incredible that you can`t take the opportunity to spend some private time and see some other parts of japan apart from the airport and tokyo. where is your spirit of adventure :question::question: gds

Unfortunately (or fortunately) it's not my first trip - I try to go 2-3 times a year. If I had more time, it wouldn't be a problem

My latest schedule is:

Aug 16 - Leave London

Aug 17 - Arrive Narita

Aug 18 - Meetings at SEGA

Aug 19 - Meetings at SEGA

Aug 20 - Developer studio tour

Aug 21 - Fly back

As I'm bringing press over with me (I'm in PR) so I won't be alone, and I have to 'be on call' to entertain. Even the free day I thought I might have on 20th has now been taken up, so i'm only going to have a few hours here and there or in the evenings spare to do anything :(

This mean staying in Tokyo really...

That's fortunately...

You should extend the day flying back to UK untill the next week.

I always do so to get a private time while staying in UK. (my boss get angry....)

In cace of you, it probably can be helped. I understand your opportunity.

So if you would have changed your schedule, let me know A.S.A.P.

And tell me your hotel. I'll check the place of Blitz shop(acutually head office is in

near Nagoya. That's my town!!)in Tokyo, telling you how to get there. Tom's too.

masashi

Hi Mashashi

Normally I would, but one of the guys I'm taking to Japan is going on holiday on August 22nd, so needs to be back in UK by then.... If he's not there, as I am doing a press trip, it's a little hard to justify any extra length. :(

I'll know more details next week....

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links