Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

What Is The Sport Or Luxury Option? I Want To Fit Illuminated Door Sil

Hi,

What constitutes the "sport" option or "luxury pack"?

I know that there is the F sport for the petrol and diesel but I want to add the illuminated Lexus sill that the US guys have and I believe that having one of the levels of trim would mean that you have the connector pre-installed in the car - which makes fitting/wiring it up much easier (sods law it will be a regional thing).

I have a facelifted 2009 IS 220D SE-I so how do I work out if there is a sport or luxury pack fitted? (to be fair, I dont think I have the sport pack based on how high the car sits as standard),

I can of course just pull the sill up and see if the connector is there (which I will do either tonight or on the weekend) but would still be intrigued to find out whether I have either pack and what they actually entail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tom

It will not be "plug'n play". You will find a plug pre- installed on the passenger side but it will be missing one of the wires, and the drivers side will not have a plug at all. I retro fitted the illuminated sills from my IS250 SE-L into my IS-F (yes, even when you pay £58K for the car it doesn't have illuminated sills, vented seats or a window blind :whistling: ).

Easy enough to do, I have a walk through and a few pics when you have the bits.

It will not be "plug'n play". You will find a plug pre- installed on the passenger side but it will be missing one of the wires, and the drivers side will not have a plug at all. I retro fitted the illuminated sills from my IS250 SE-L into my IS-F (yes, even when you pay £58K for the car it doesn't have illuminated sills, vented seats or a window blind :whistling: ).

Hi Tango,

Thanks for the reply!

I have noticed quite a few optional extras which I wouldnt mind having such as the automated window blind. Not sure what you mean by "vented" seats though - is it the heated seats which also can do cold bottoms? or something different?

When you say the passenger side has a plug but a wire missing, is it a ground wire or a live wire?

Would you be able to send me a link to your walk through with pics so I can take a look? I want to try this out and Im not adverse to retro fitting, but based on this being the best car I have owned so far, I dont want to "bodge" anything as it isnt a Rover or turdy 13 year old A3!

Sorry for all the questions.

Think my memory must be going as it was my drivers side that had the plug, and the new wire was to ground. Here's a series of pics that should be self explanatory. The only real problem is finding a matching plug for the other side, but alternatively just buy a male and female plug and replace the plug on the illuminated sill for the passenger side (if you want it to be disconnectable)..

acopyv.jpg bcopycd.jpg c1copyu.jpg dcopycopy.jpg ecopyz.jpg

Hi Tango,

Thanks for the reply!

I have noticed quite a few optional extras which I wouldnt mind having such as the automated window blind. Not sure what you mean by "vented" seats though - is it the heated seats which also can do cold bottoms? or something different?

When you say the passenger side has a plug but a wire missing, is it a ground wire or a live wire?

Would you be able to send me a link to your walk through with pics so I can take a look? I want to try this out and Im not adverse to retro fitting, but based on this being the best car I have owned so far, I dont want to "bodge" anything as it isnt a Rover or turdy 13 year old A3!

Sorry for all the questions.

Hi Tom and thanks Tango for the walk-through. I wouldn't mind trying this myself. Tom, have you seen any for sale?

I was also going to say Sewells but I think they are quite expensive for what they are.

I have also seen them from eBay by a Japanese seller and they were around £150 ish delivered to the UK. They are listed as genuine and they do "look" the same as the OEM ones so hopefully they are.

Maybe Lexus Poole could get a good price on them?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links