Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Plan

Hi guys. I've just received my quotes through from Lexus Cardiff for the Service Plan. Does anybody else use this facility? post-45814-0-49651700-1359052471.jpgpost-45814-0-73359400-1359052578.jpg

Also, my registration document arrived today. The number of former keepers, does that include the previous keeper named? So if it says No. OF FORMER KEEPERS 4 Is that in total, making me number 5? Or is it former keepers plus the named guy, making me number 6?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try lexus essential care service , work out cheaper but u don't get stamp on the book and it is idea for older car . Btw the price it's not bad for 3 services , if that was me I would pay off in one go and ask them to knock the price off even more. I have my big service in march and the price it's double that! .

I had a quote from lexus for a service plan, work out about £27 a month for next two + odd years plus a upfront of £396 for the first 80k service due soon, to be honest having a full lex history may or may not be useful depends when you might look to move the car on, generally you will find that once cars get past the ten year age mark (im not saying yours is but might be when you bid farewell to it) that a full dealer history may not make a vast amount of difference to what you may get back when you take into account age/mileage. might be worth looking around at other garages, I did and found I can have the ten year service (or 100k whatever comes first) using Lexus / Toyota parts for £225, Lexus Bristol quoted me £478 for this. My service book will still be stamped, and all same work done, just depends on whether your happy to pay a lot more for the same work to have a Lexus stamp in your book. If the car was brand new I would most likely use a main dealer. but each to their own.

Yh I'm totally agree with danh, it's up to your circumstance, for me I want to keep the car that's why I spend fortune on it!. and I like free coffee and a new car to drive while servicing :)

Lexus Bristol quoted me £478 for this.

Wow!! I had the 10yr/100k done at Lexus Bristol and bought a new master key and had had it coded. Bill for the lot £412!

I think this goes to show they can quote people different, shame they don't just have a Menu style pricelist!

Yh I'm totally agree with danh, it's up to your circumstance, for me I want to keep the car that's why I spend fortune on it!. and I like free coffee and a new car to drive while servicing :)

Hehehe, I do like the free coffee.

I had a quote from lexus for a service plan, work out about £27 a month for next two + odd years plus a upfront of £396 for the first 80k service due soon, to be honest having a full lex history may or may not be useful depends when you might look to move the car on, generally you will find that once cars get past the ten year age mark (im not saying yours is but might be when you bid farewell to it) that a full dealer history may not make a vast amount of difference to what you may get back when you take into account age/mileage. might be worth looking around at other garages, I did and found I can have the ten year service (or 100k whatever comes first) using Lexus / Toyota parts for £225, Lexus Bristol quoted me £478 for this. My service book will still be stamped, and all same work done, just depends on whether your happy to pay a lot more for the same work to have a Lexus stamp in your book. If the car was brand new I would most likely use a main dealer. but each to their own.

got my figures wrong, just dug out my quote, was £490 for 10 year service.!post-45357-0-02121900-1359059561.jpg

I'm still undecided to be honest, my ten year is not due till march, and I'm only on 78k, so got a few months to think about it, part of me wants to keep Lexus stamps, but the other part wants to save money, knowing that I plan to keep this car for a good few years yet (unless my lotto numbers come up) I'm swaying towards having it done by a local garage, as when I come to sell it on it will be 12 + years old, and seeing the price they go for now, and with a next gen IS out soon, the price (sadly) will only go one way!

It's not about the stamp or the sell on price for me. I need to know that the car has been serviced to the highest possible standard. I can't just trust any garage but that's my personal issue.

I do have a mechanic I trust. He serviced my last Honda for 3 years, never missed a beat. But he was totally honest with me and said he'd never worked on any Lexus before. He did say the IS was a 'simple' car and he could do it but I just felt better going to the dealer. And yeah the free coffee and the phone call the day before to ask what newspaper you wanted was a nice touch :)

It's not about the stamp or the sell on price for me. I need to know that the car has been serviced to the highest possible standard. I can't just trust any garage but that's my personal issue.

I do have a mechanic I trust. He serviced my last Honda for 3 years, never missed a beat. But he was totally honest with me and said he'd never worked on any Lexus before. He did say the IS was a 'simple' car and he could do it but I just felt better going to the dealer. And yeah the free coffee and the phone call the day before to ask what newspaper you wanted was a nice touch :)

What Paper did you go for?? :shifty:

Chris, when did you have that 10 year done at Bristol, did they give you a price without the key, as ive heard a new key, coded etc can be £100 plus which makes your service price much more appealing then the £490 I was quoted..

Chris, when did you have that 10 year done at Bristol, did they give you a price without the key, as ive heard a new key, coded etc can be £100 plus which makes your service price much more appealing then the £490 I was quoted..

I had it done in October just gone. The price for service only was originally quoted at over £400 can't remember exactly. With a little negotiation and the ordering of a new key from the parts department and getting them to code it I got the lot for £452!

Looking at the bill they didn't charge to code it but it came programmed to my car. I don't know if that was an oversight by them or a nice gesture. Also they don't change the air filter on the 100k so I got them to add that on as well £24.

I do have a good relationship with Lexus Bristol, Ive had the cambelt/water pump done there and also bought 2 new callipers from the parts department. So they've had a lot of business from me. Over £1000 before the service/key!

So take off the key which was £111 then the service alone cost £317 + £24 for an air filter.

Cheers, Might get on the phone and try some hard bargaining, after all, I did buy the car from them.

Yeah their a business same as anybody else! People seem to be scared to negotiate with a main dealer. They want your business just as much as any other garage and they will be competitive if you challenge them :)

As confirmed any car after 7-10 years might not command anymore money than the going market rate! So having it serviced at the dealers will bring peace of mind to the current owner knowing the job has been done but the service stamp wont add any more value to a 10year old 100k mile Lexus for the buyer..they will still pay the going market rate. My car is now 11 years with 115,000 miles on the clock so I know it wont fetch any more than £2000-£3000 if I sell it today so I use dealers for things like cambelt service and buying parts pollen/ oil filter etc . But for things like 10,000 mile services I buy my own engine oil from places like eurocarparts.opie or Halfords and take it to my trusted garage to have it changed for £30 labour. I can change my air filter so I monitor it and change if and when it’s dirty. It’s a 2 min job. So this brings my interim/yearly service down to a cost of £90 £50 for 8litre(2x 4litre) oil, £10 for oil filter and £30 for garage labour. I am still left with 2.5litres of oil to take home after the change for topups. I change fluids like diff, brake fluid, gearbox fliud every 20k to keep it fresh and I use the certified independent Lexus/Toyota garages near me for this and my last one was at a cost of £206 all in. spark plugs is every 60k engine coolant every 5 years so I get them changed when they due . My 10k oil changes and 20K fluid changes don’t get stamped in the service book as but I keep all my purchase receipts and Invoices from the garage in my file. these can still be classified as proof of work done as all garage Invoices/receipts states work done , parts and also lists the mileage and date so can count as service history when I come to sell it on. it wont have stamps but the invoices and receipts will tell the story against the mileage.

Lexus dealerships do not do anything special to the car when it goes in for a service. Basically an Interim/minor service is just an engine oil and oil filter change and visual checks of tires and under body for leaks a valet and that’s it . major service is same as interim/minor but includes air filter change(which I can do), brake fluid change and maybe diff change visual check of tires under body leaks, valet and that’s it. Any more things like brake pads, discs, and tyres are chargeable. But I tend to monitor these my self when am pumping my tires occasionally and if they due, I buy the parts and have them changed by trusted garage for a small fee and keep receipts and Invoices for proof.

I personally find this process a more economical and cheaper way to run my Lexus as I know at 11 years old a dealer stamp wont add if any more value but want to keep it in top shape the way I like with the exact parts I prefer. :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links