Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weak Front Screen Washers

Quote from here affecting the wipers, not washers and it is about IS:

http://pressroom.toy...5&view_id=30313

January 30, 2013

Toyota Announces Two Voluntary Safety Recalls of Certain 2003 and 2004 Corolla and 2006 Through Early 2012 Lexus IS Vehicles

TORRANCE, Calif., Jan. 30, 2013 – Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc. (TMS), will conduct two separate safety recalls involving approximately 752,000 Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles and approximately 270,000 Lexus IS vehicles.

The airbag control module for the supplemental restraint system (SRS) in the Corolla and Corolla Matrix vehicles could have been manufactured with application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs) that are susceptible to internal shorting. These ASICs could experience an internal short that creates abnormal current flow and increased heat. If this occurs, there is a possibility that the ASIC could become damaged. In some instances, the front airbag(s) and/or seat belt pretensioners could inadvertently deploy.

The second safety recall involves the front wipers on certain Lexus IS vehicles where the wiper arm nut might not be sufficiently tight. If movement of the wipers is restricted by an external load, such as a buildup of heavy snow on the windshield, one or both of the wipers could become inoperative.

Owners of vehicles covered by these safety recalls will receive an owner notification letter via first class mail in the near future. Any authorized Toyota or Lexus dealer will perform this recall at no charge to the vehicle owner.

Detailed information is available to customers at www.toyota.com/recall and the Toyota Customer Experience Center at 1-800-331-4331 or www.lexus.com/recall and Lexus Customer Satisfaction (1 800-255-3987).

Not sure if by "washer" you mean the pump spraying liquid on the windshield, or the motor that turns the wiper?

yes the pump that sprays water onto the screen. I will check to see if anything is blocked and get my friend to use his air tool on it. If not I might just change the little motor attached to the washer bottle. Thanks for your reply's :)

• 1 year later...

Hi

Reading your problem just now prompted me to write that I have the same thing with my GS450h, is there somebody reading this who knows how to get to the water pump (front screen). Looking at the engine bay it looks like the wheel and inner wing has to come off! would that be right?if so is it very involved?

I would be most greatful if anyone could help!

Regards

Jumpy

Check first that all the pipework is not kinked, this can be a simple problem to cure but hard to find, also use a bit of fine fuse wire to clean the jets (usually a pin is far to big), then after you know there are no obstructions you can go onto the pump and bottle.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links