Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just to update this for future reference:

Bought KYB 1997-2000 (mk4) rear shocks and springs for my 1996 (mk3) , fitted them today, perfect fitment, like for like replacement.

Also they were easy to fit, i've read alot on the forums about how hard the struts are to remove on the rear of an LS400, I didnt have any problems, Each side took about 10 minutes, infact the hardest part of the job was removing the rear seat (which wasnt difficult either :P )

:)

Bugger. When the MOT tester failed my dear departed MK111 on all four springs being broken about 15 months ago,I was quoted 'About £600 mate'. If the springs only really cost £200 for all four,I would have been charged £400 labour for a job that takes less than 1.5 hours including a tea break!. I wish I had shopped around a bit before letting the banger boys have her,I might still have her. She drove and rode beautifully with four broken springs,so what would she have been like with new ones fitted?.

that's a real shame, :( but yes you can definitely get a set of 4 kyb for under 200! oem quality.

the ride does seem better than before but remember I have done the shocks too, I think the real improvement will be when I do the front springs and shocks next month.

that's a real shame, :( but yes you can definitely get a set of 4 kyb for under 200! oem quality.

I found, the hard way, that (for the Mk2), KYB dampers are most certainly not OEM quality. For one thing, the lower hoop (and therefore the bush) is much smaller. The ends of the tube are visible - which they are not on the proper Toyota ones. So, what further differences are there inside?

I'm sorry, but too many times I've been caught by imitation parts. They just don't cut it. In fitting them, you will not only be compromising the performance and safety of the vehicle, but devaluing it too.

Where genuinie parts are available, it's just a no-brainer. (Blue Print does seem OK though.)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links