Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Suspension Issues

Hi, that generally happens very very rarely. If it does then you can make an edit and past the response.

It saves alot of page space aswell and makes it less lengthy to read.

Another update, problem is still there.

Ill be digging a bit deeper before I go and replace that bush above.

Have you replaced the ARB links? I have a rattling sound on the offside when I go full lock left at low speed, I'm presuming it's those but as they're difficult to remove I haven't done so yet.

Edited by Parrot of Doom

No and you're right. I took a closer look and a big prybar.

My lower arm bushes are very very stiff with little movement.

There was some movement in the links so will see these.

I've stuck the bushes on eBay if anyone wants them

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251242675305

Hi, that generally happens very very rarely. If it does then you can make an edit and past the response.

It saves alot of page space aswell and makes it less lengthy to read.

By quoting you remove all doubt as to whom your responding. Its also considered good blog etiquette. Many other sites insist you quote Anyway you do it your way & I'll do it mine & we are taking this thread off topic

I agree, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter which way we post but Ill quote more in the future to make my posts clearer :)

I've stuck the bushes on ebay if anyone wants them

Hi I've just checked the compatibility & it says NOT suitable for 98 LS?

I have been reading with interest advice in this thread about replacing suspension bushes.

I need to get mine sorted as I am eating front tyres at present.

My mechanic has sourced a supply of the the control arm ones from the States for about half the cost of the compatible Lexus part in the UK. He has fitted them recently to another LS400 but they split after a couple of weeks.

The company in the States have taken the situation very seriously and have had the bushes redesigned and have shipped a couple more sets and have even compensated for the cost of the abortive fitting.

I have agreed to try the new ones also on trial so will let you all know how they fare.

Whilst on this subject, I did see a thread from some way back on the same subject where an owner gave details of a source in Japan that was offering an equivalent product to the ones available in the States in terms of quality and price but with less duty payable on the purchase price direct from Japan.

Could someone post the link to the thread as I have had little luck searching the archives.

I've stuck the bushes on ebay if anyone wants them

Hi I've just checked the compatibility & it says NOT suitable for 98 LS?

Only for LS430.

I've had some experience of these big front lower arm bushes on my 2002 LS430 so I thought I'd share my experience.

I was getting some knocking/noise and noticed that it varied when driving over a bump (eg kerb) depending on where, on the lock, the steering was. By looking at the geometry it was clear that more pressure was put on the relative bush at certain steering positions. This helped me to confirm the bush diagnosis.

As has been mentioned it is a simple job to press out/in the bush. It's easy to get it off the car, you just need a friendly mechanic with a press do the swap.

Such relief!

Were you getting it on full lock at very slow speeds?

I don't really get a knock in other scenarios, I've temporarily put it down to it being more likely the drop links.

I only ever get the knock when on complete full lock, going forward or revering.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links