Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Couple Of Suspension Issues

Issues

1. Shudder on braking, doesn't feel like warped brake discs, but feels more driveline related. Could be the discs though.

2. On full lock I get crack/knock from the suspension, especially when reversing out of my drive then hooking a sharp left, big knock comes. Happens when going forward, only at slow speeds though, around 10-15mph.

3. Running Contis on the front, car doesn't feel as planted as it should be, a bit wandery, it has been hunter aligned which showed nothing odd.

Tyre pressures are 33psi.

I feel as thought I should be looking at replacing my lower control arm bushes, I'm going to check out the steering rack bushes aswell even though they're only listed for pre facey cars.

Although I have never had any suspension clunking and banging from my 430 I have had the lower front bushes replaced. This came up in a dealer service and would have been an MoT red sticker if not sorted out.

No steering rack trouble in 204K miles.

However I have had plenty of fun withn the brakes - I used to be vey heavy footed and found original front disks would gruble at 27K and need to be off the car after a skim by 45K. I tried third party products and finally use EBC disks and green stuff pads. The other thing to note is only 4 tho of run out is allowed when you fit disks or they will grumble very quickly - I think this was my problem - no wobble just noise.

I did find a lot of my brake problems went away when my callipers needed changing - I had two that were stuffed so badly they could not be compressed to allow new pads to be fitted and the others were not great so I replaced them all with third party products and the car has never stopped better. So you may want to look at the callipers.

Cheers

Bren

I would check the upper control arms and lower ball joints as the starting point particularly with the knock when steering.

Another possible is the brake calipers rattling, this normally occurs on slow turns with the brakes gently applied.

Also check the anti rollbar bushes as these will cause a knock if worn.

Only other things are engine and transmission mountings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm well I am have ordered front ARB bushes, front control arm bushes and the seering rack bushes. £140 so lets see what happens!

The movement looks to be coming from the bottom rather than the top.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up purchasing the steering rack bushes, anti roll bar bushes and the lower control arm bushes, the big ones.

I replaced the roll bar and rack bushes and it's fixed my issue so yay!

Will keep the lower control arm bushes to a side just in case, or if someone wants to make an offer on them then go nuts!

Think they cost £85 + v at a dealer each.

Not sure if this is against the rules so feel free to delete.

PM if you want these lower bushes for any LS430, I'm not going to bother installing them as my car is fine as it is.

Also some people aren't even aware you can order just the bushes so proof you can, any mechanic will have a hydraulic press to push out the old one and install the new one. No need for new brackets.

I'll put them on eBay sometime next week.

bushesn.jpg

i think i have the same problem i get a knock, but only when the car goes over a certain kind of bump it's not there all the time, Lexus said it was the lower control arm bush, but they only replace the whole lower control arm, according to them the bushes can not be sourced.

they said it's the lower arm trailing arm bushes both sides.

Well thats a big fat lie.

I'm not convinced my problem is these bushes to be honest.

It's standard procedure to just buy bushes, press out the old and press in the new. It's a 1 hour labour job.

I don't know why dealers say you need the whole arm. Well more labour changing them but still. It's got it's own part number and the dealer can very easily order them in.

I ended up purchasing the steering rack bushes, anti roll bar bushes and the lower control arm bushes, the big ones.

Will keep the lower control arm bushes to a side just in case, or if someone wants to make an offer on them then go nuts!

Can you tell me where you got them please?

Well thats a big fat lie.

I'm not convinced my problem is these bushes to be honest.

It's standard procedure to just buy bushes, press out the old and press in the new. It's a 1 hour labour job.

I don't know why dealers say you need the whole arm. Well more labour changing them but still. It's got it's own part number and the dealer can very easily order them in.

Yes Lexus are good a big fat lies, i think they replace the whole lower control arm because there are a few bushes on the set up, bad for our wallet, great for them.

Our parts guy Andy knows didn't know you could do this so can you PLEASE tell me which dealer you bought them from

Absolutly any Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer can do this for you.

Give them the part number for the bush itself.

And ask them to give you the price.

The PN for only the bush is

48655-50012

And you will require x2.

They do this in America quite alot aswell.

Absolutly any Lexus dealer or Toyota dealer can do this for you.

Give them the part number for the bush itself.

And ask them to give you the price.

The PN for only the bush is

48655-50012

And you will require x2.

They do this in America quite alot aswell.

According to Andy/Lexus they can't so PLEEEEASE someone give the name of the dealer THEY obtained the bushes from

I would just flat out say to him to stop lying before I shoot an email to Lexus UK and Toyota Japan.

Lexus Sheffield will do it no problem. Try a different Lexus dealer near you.

I would just flat out say to him to stop lying before I shoot an email to Lexus UK and Toyota Japan.

Lexus Sheffield will do it no problem. Try a different Lexus dealer near you.

Hi is your message meant for me? It would be helpful if you included the quote in your reply

Yes it was.

There's no need to quote when you're directly under the person you're talking to.

When you are a couple of posts down then you should quote.

Yes it was.

There's no need to quote when you're directly under the person you're talking to.

When you are a couple of posts down then you should quote.

Sorry but you can't guarantee your response will be directly underneath Another person may post before you respond & you won't know it until you post but thanks anyway

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links