Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vsc And Vsc Off Light

Bolosun

Hi,

on my SC430 the VSC light does not show except for a very small dot and the VSC OFF not at all, even when I press the button. The little dot does go off but comes back on again after about a minute. I have booked it in to get checked, but does anyone have an idea what could be wrong? My local mechanic just tuts at it and shakes his head. :geek:

Cheers Dave

Your 'Local mechanic" sounds more like Churchill off the insurance ads than a mechanic :D

For what it costs have a diagnostic code pull done before doing anything else,if your mechanic tuts and shakes his head find another one that doesn't and has decent OBDII skills.

Your 'Local mechanic" sounds more like Churchill off the insurance ads than a mechanic :D

For what it costs have a diagnostic code pull done before doing anything else,if your mechanic tuts and shakes his head find another one that doesn't and has decent OBDII skills.

You are right. I am taking it to Mr Toyota next week for him to look at. Need to find a local garage that will service the car and not rip me off.

• 2 weeks later...

I know the VSC light and the VSC OFF light are linked to the OBD code for the emissions sensors on each engine bank.. I had the engine warning Light (ECL)come on and it was always followed by both VSC lights when the car moved. My friend is a very experienced automotive engineer (used to be on the Toyota WRC team) he does all my maintenance and found the code straight away changed one oxygen sensor and that was it car is fine. You need a code reading machine (they only cost about £20 max) You can even get a Bluetooth transmitter and an App called Torque for your android and it will read the codes and cancel etc. Then if you have to take it to a garage you have some insight into what they have to do. That's always agood thing.

VSC light and VSC lights co eon after the codes have been read by certain OBD readers. You can clear the code by jumping a couple of terminals. I have the instructions somewhere if you need tham

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links