Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Caliper Refurbish

stevlee

Looking for some advise, I guess my front calipers are sticking, driving at 40+ mph and the front wheel shakes like a verticle movement, and if the brakes are warm up, then braking from 40+ will cause the steering wheel to shake left and right. Can anyone confirm if these are the sighs of a sticking caliper.

I found from the forum, Biggred will do caliper refurbishment but however they don't do swap and replace for the IS300 calipers so I have to send mine in. The question is if I have offset and driver side calipers off. Is there a way to stop the brake fluid from dripping, since Biggred said will need 9-11 days to refurbish.

Thanks

It could also be worn suspension components or warped discs.

You need a couple of brake hose clamps to stop the fluid escaping, clamp onto the flexihose before undoing the hose from the caliper, they are designed not to damage the hose.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Hydraulic-Brake-Hose-Clamp-Pipe-Clamping-11534-/360589759983?pt=UK_Hand_Tools_Equipment&hash=item53f4d315ef&_uhb=1

Thanks I will get a pair of these from eBay. The shakes only occur when the brakes or car is warm up, like after a few repeated brake application. The first couple of brake application, even at 40+ doesn't give the shakes. Could this still still be worn suspensions or warp disc?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links