Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can You Recommend Panelbeater?

Hey guys.

Well I am in the process of looking at sending my LS430 back to Australia in 4 months and need to get someone reliable and trust worthy to give me a recommendation on the underneath of the car regarding rust. I like what Nigel on here did with his car in NZ, by getting it walnut blasted and am thinking of doing the same, however I need to know first if it is worth taking back if it has too much rust and work underneath to do. Looking underneath it doesn't look pretty, and there are a couple of rust explosions on the stills.

Anyone recommend someone near Kidderminster/Wolverhampton Area? Will travel to the right person though.

Any ideas, how has your rust experience so far?

Mines a 2001 car.

Cheers

When I was in Australia for 6 weeks last March / April I was based around Melbourne and travelled a couple of thousand miles by road in that time and all I saw was a single, solitary LS 400 !

Not very common there, the tax regime on a brand new LS 600 took the cost to @£220,000 ( yes pounds ! )

Malc

• Like 1

Yeh Malc, there isn't a lot of them in Aust, cars are EXPENSIVE in Aust both new and second hand, crazy really. I figure it will cost be about 2000 ponds all up to get the car back and in the road, my purchase price was only 3200.

There are quite a few JDM Toyota Celsiors in Australia, from what I understand there was a period of time when car above a certain age could be imported from Japan.

They had to go through Conformity checks and things like seatbelts had to be changed to comply.

Mine is an import and is vitually rust free top and bottom at 19 years old but I have seen much later models in worse condition.

There was a recent magazine article on rust prevention I'll try and dig it out as they normally use places around the midlands.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links