Nitrous Oxide !

DaveEllen

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope you are gonna post some pics of your hotted up baby for us to admire!! Lookng forward to seeing your twin shinies!

Bet after the rambling of this THread TDI will have done an extra specially good job as you are doubtless going to be getting alot of attention... :whistling:

I might adopt this tactic in future.... :zee:

From what Mark is saying it does sound rather nice. The 11lb bottles are tucked into each side by the wheel arch angled inwards............

She's on the rolling road being set up as I type..............who knows may have a BHP figure :whistling:

Will take some pics as well must work out how to get them in my sig box..........upload to gallary then link from there me thinks................

hmmmmmmmm, im thinking more along this laughing gas route :shifty:

anyway......

some usefull info for those considering Gas

engine size...................gain.................gain with controler

1.2-1.6.........................+35bhp................+55bhp

1.6-2.0.........................+50bhp................+90bhp

2.0-3.0.........................+70bhp................+120bhp

this is on an unmodified engine.....more gain with a modified engine

From what Mark is saying it does sound rather nice. The 11lb bottles are tucked into each side by the wheel arch angled inwards............

She's on the rolling road being set up as I type..............who knows may have a BHP figure :whistling:

Will take some pics as well must work out how to get them in my sig box..........upload to gallary then link from there me thinks................

yep thats the upload method!

So are you picking her up tonight. almost a week since D day!! I'd be climing the walls by now. in fact, I AM!! and its not even my car!!!!

I remember when I drove to the other end of the country to get mine done by people I held in the same high regard as you hold TDI. I was told it would be a day. I dropped it off at 9 am. they talked me through the process and sent me on my way to the Lexus OPen Road event so I could kill some time. I returned at 5pm and they had realised they needed to make some changes so....to cut a long story short. I left there at 11:55pm a VERY satisfied (if a little sleepy) customer. Anyone who has seen the quality of the work under my bonet will tell you it was not rushed. it looks as good or better than a factory finish, which is what I was after. The fact that they quoted a price and then had to work almost twice as long for it into their own time says to me they are the kind of guys that put customers first and are commited to delivering on their promises! I should point out that these guys are www.japspeed-racing.com.

Dave, I know how happy I was with mine when I got it back. I can assure you, if you have half the job I got you are gonna be well chuffed! There is nothing really like Nos for giving a "flck of a switch" hit of power!. You might want to ask TDI about 106Ron street racing fuel. it works VERY well with FOrced Induction cars! Believe!

SO tonight is the night?

:ph34r:

While I respect that sentiment, I can't help but point out that your remit is different from ours though. We are the end user so we shell our hard earned out to get a bit of a buz from our already splendid cars. YOU on the other hand are in the business of making a TDI profit. So surely in you decision making process you may conclude that buying systems from a static caravan up in doncaster affords you a better margin than say buying in a system from a world renound manufacturer from the USA? Isn't that possible? and further more, plausable?

But lets not dwell in the Minutia, huh?

Hope dave empties his two polished ones with a big grin, while keeping Mrs E Safe at all times ;)

:ph34r:

My comment was personal not professional. I work as hard as most people and am careful what I spend my hard earned on.

From a professional perspective, my attitude would be the same anyway because our customers have high expectations of us, and we do our best to live up to them. Although we do offer the basic systems we would rather lose the business than not install it nicely.

I have never been to Hi Power and I don't know or care what their premises are like. We started in a very small place (not that we are in a big place now), and HKS literally started in a cow shed 30 years ago. If you have got a problem with Hi Power - sort it out with them not with me.

Let us rejoice in the choice that every one has regarding quaility and price, and who they choose to do business with.

Mark :)

No problem with High Power. They meet a market that works for them. Although after 25 years in the business I would have hoped to move out of a portacabin. There is a really nice lad who works there though and has always filled my bottle up with a smile. Can't fault that!

Rejoice? But certainly, pal! Rejoice and be happy, for afterall, it is laughing gas!

;)

My view is that if a company has got flashy premises someone has to pay for them & its normally the customer.............

Janspeed in salisbury started out from somewhere small..........John Cooper & Downton the same.............

My view is that if a company has got flashy premises someone has to pay for them & its normally the customer.............

Janspeed in salisbury started out from somewhere small..........John Cooper & Downton the same.............

agree with you 100% Dave!

THink the point I was trying to may was that after 25 years of being the best n my field I would want to have progressed beyond a portacabin and be in sunrrounded that lent themselves better to encouraging the finest employees to come and carry on my legacy of excellence...

After 25 years how are TVRs premsies looking? (not sure they are actually 25 yet, must be thereabouts though...)

Wonder what Microsoft will look like 25years from inception.... :whistling:

But lets not get sidetracked. DAVE'S CAR IS READY!!!!!!

and has a rolling roaded 260bhp at the fly!!!

Mark, perhaps you can answer one of my other questions in another thread. How do calulate accurately the BHP at the Fly from a rollng road? Is it a set formula or different for each car? and also what does that 260bhp translate to at the wheels, where I presume the figure is calculated?

Just curious to understand this before I make any firm statements about the peak power of my old barge.

:zee:

Dave,

Happy Trails! You'll sure be blazzing!!!

Dyno reads 260 bhp @ flywheel (small nozzles) :winky:

Interesting that Dave - what was your BHP at the Fly before (and wheels?). I had mine done at JAE on the THOR set-up (bolted onto hubs) and mine came out at 235 at the fly (based on calculations done by TTE).... 210Nm of Torque.

Does that mean you only have a 25bhp increase? What was it at the wheels?

Bet you don't care though eh? Dave is currently driving round London like this ------> :D

Wonder what Microsoft will look like 25years from inception.... :whistling:

But lets not get sidetracked. DAVE'S CAR IS READY!!!!!!

and has a rolling roaded 260bhp at the fly!!!

Mark, perhaps you can answer one of my other questions in another thread. How do calulate accurately the BHP at the Fly from a rollng road? Is it a set formula or different for each car? and also what does that 260bhp translate to at the wheels, where I presume the figure is calculated?

Just curious to understand this before I make any firm statements about the peak power of my old barge.

:zee:

Dave,

Happy Trails! You'll sure be blazzing!!!

Maybe the owners of Hi Power have different priorities. Maybe he invests his wealth in his familly. I don't know - phone him up and ask him.

The reason I didn't answer your question on the other thread was because I thought that it was already covered in the information that Mat nicked and posted. It is not possible to accurately measure the losses but a close calculation is generally good enough for most purposes. As I said on the other thread, the new dyno we are installing is super accurate but that will still only be a calculation. You will probably be losing 25 to 30% at a guess on the Loz-mobile.

Mark :)

Morning all,

impressions on installation are very good lots of neat touches will take a few pics when the car is cleaned.....

On using it.......

Well Mrs E not happy with lack of boot space (shopping @ bluewater is major hobby) but Mr & Mrs E were laughing stupidly when last night we armed it.....waited for the progressive controller to load up and floored the throttle in 6th at 10 mph (*10 :whistling: ) and in 5/6 secs were at 13 mph( *10 :whistling: ) and pulling like a train.....

In short amazing.....

Dyno reads 260 bhp @ flywheel (small nozzles) :winky:

Interesting that Dave - what was your BHP at the Fly before (and wheels?). I had mine done at JAE on the THOR set-up (bolted onto hubs) and mine came out at 235 at the fly (based on calculations done by TTE).... 210Nm of Torque.

Does that mean you only have a 25bhp increase? What was it at the wheels?

Bet you don't care though eh? Dave is currently driving round London like this ------> :D

Mark said it was difficult to get an accurate reading or graph as the figure were spiking etc.....

Never had a reading before but estimated it at 220ish

The extra ooooomph is really noticeable at high motorway speeds & is where it twill be used (conditions permitting)

Need a higher drive ratio now :whistling:

The extra ooooomph is really noticeable at high motorway speeds & is where it twill be used (conditions permitting)

take it you have found the lmiter too....

great feeling that pull. it is unique, no? I have been thinking about calling it warp speed and having a "Mr Sulu" Switch clearing marked :P

HAve you tried it from a standing start yet?

What have you set your minimax to?

Do you open one bottle at a time?

Ooooo!! I'm excited for you. Cant wait to see pics.... :)

Oh.... be prepared for some crazy fun in the wet.... :crying:

Loz

take it you have found the lmiter too....

great feeling that pull. it is unique, no? I have been thinking about calling it warp speed and having a "Mr Sulu" Switch clearing marked :P

HAve you tried it from a standing start yet?

What have you set your minimax to?

Do you open one bottle at a time?

Ooooo!! I'm excited for you. Cant wait to see pics.... :)

Oh.... be prepared for some crazy fun in the wet.... :crying:

Loz

Not found the limiter yet.....M25 was a tad busy

Did a swift pull away and twas OK......

I use 1 bottle at a time....thinking about how to install a warning light that I'm down to my last lb of giggle juice.....

The progressive controller is a wicked tool........has yours got one ?

I use 1 bottle at a time....thinking about how to install a warning light that I'm down to my last lb of giggle juice.....

The progressive controller is a wicked tool........has yours got one ?

Not got a controller on mine. went for the "one hit" solution which is why I've only got an estimated 80bhp increase at the moment. When I have a rolling road report JapSpeed will be able to gauge what jets I can use to get a "safe" 100bhp without leaning out. I still want to run slightly rich as even at Stowic (Spellcheck) I would be concerned about leaning out and holing a piston!

As for a warning light, Mark will no doubt have told you that these warning devices cant work. the reason being that the liquid N20 boils off into a gas which sits on the top of the liquid. when the liquid level drops the gas level increases. Both create pressure though so any gauge would be fooled into thinking there was usable n20 in there when in fact there was only purgable gas.

In short, save your money for another refil! :nuke::hehe::lol:

I'm kind of curious about having an additonal bottle fitted though. and also putting a tap in line on the bottle feed line so I can open and close from inside the car. it means exposiing some of the hose though... We'll see?

Did you go for a remote bottle opener? would love to see a pic of it installed if you have. HElp me make up my mind about one...

Cheers!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links