Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interesting Is-F Article

I think they'll produce another IS-F, but not sure if it will be available in Britain again. How many have they sold here in the last 5 years? 200-300? Is it worth it for Lexus?

I think they'll produce another IS-F, but not sure if it will be available in Britain again. How many have they sold here in the last 5 years? 200-300? Is it worth it for Lexus?

+ 1 on that... the 420bhp 5litre V8 is just too much for most day to day drivers here. in US will be no problem as they pretty much give away fuel for free. a gallon of premium petrol in Boston Massachusettes Aug last year was $3.40 (£2.30) shows how much we get ripped off here.. and one wont have much road to max out 170mph most of the time here in UK roads so they should have brought the IS350 here with modest 300bhp V6 so phycologically buyers will see it as better mpg compared to a 5 litre V8. 0-60mph in 5.5secs is quick enough for a daily driver unless you are an F1 driver of course and in gear acceleration is ample so am really confused as to why IS-F and LFA were made available but not the IS350.

the F marque is here to stay guys so we will be seing more models from Lexus.. its not going anywhere as thats thier performance breed.

+ 1 on that... the 420bhp 5litre V8 is just too much for most day to day drivers here. in US will be no problem as they pretty much give away fuel for free. a gallon of premium petrol in Boston Massachusettes Aug last year was $3.40 (£2.30) shows how much we get ripped off here.. and one wont have much road to max out 170mph most of the time here in UK roads so they should have brought the IS350 here with modest 300bhp V6 so phycologically buyers will see it as better mpg compared to a 5 litre V8. 0-60mph in 5.5secs is quick enough for a daily driver unless you are an F1 driver of course and in gear acceleration is ample so am really confused as to why IS-F and LFA were made available but not the IS350.

the F marque is here to stay guys so we will be seing more models from Lexus.. its not going anywhere as thats thier performance breed.

The only problem I can see with your statement is that you are basing it on MPG. How many IS-F owners are bothered about MPG and the way the engine is tuned if you feel like you want to save fuel you can keep it below 3500 rpm and will easily get 30MPG. I would imagine in day to day driving there is very little difference between an IS350 and an IS-F MPG, and the road tax would be the same.

Just me trying to talk Lexus into keeping the IS-F going :)

I agree stevet. but here in UK mpg is worshiped soo much that most car drivers dont put any other factors into consideration when looking at cars like reliability, runing costs besides fuel, build quality, refinement, etc etc ..dont get me wrong guys the price of fuel we pay here in UK/Europe has made it so. I agree if one does not open the secondary intake valaves often and keeps it below 3500rpm it will consume like a 6 cylinder engine. like you siad there are other factors which made an IS-F driver buy the ISF and i would grab one if i could afford it and the insurance. but here in UK IS350 would have sold as most will not see it as a 'BIG' 5 litre V8 gas guzzler even tho in reality it consumes same as my IS300 and has twice the power.. me want one :-)

Well if they sell it in Japan they wont lose out much exporting a few to the UK as they are also RHD....

I am not sure of the details, but surely there are quite a lot of costs associated with bringing a new model to the UK/Europe (e.g. compliance, training, marketing etc).

With such low sales numbers, I am not sure they would be able to justify going through the hassle. Don't get me wrong, I would love it if they brought a new one, just can't see it happen reallistically, unless they are not actually bothered about the numbers and they want to use the IS-F to enhance the Lexus "sporty" image.

We'll have a 5.0 V8 powered coupe based on the new IS platform sometime in the next 2 years. Confirmed by head of Lexus (GB) last month.

:hocus-pokus: Now that's what I like to hear!

Yeah this is the same as BMW - the speedy versions get released typically 2 years after the standard models.

I've had my dealer offering me the new coupe with the V8 already so I can't see why they wouldn't have the IS-F available.

It's a halo car they make their money on the IS250 and IS300h the IS-F is as much about marketing as anything else.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links