Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone use Redex or any other diesel additives?

Are these additives of any benefit, ie, the engine, improve performance, increase MPG etc?

Would be reluctant to add any of these for fear of causing damage, but by the same token, would use them if they were good for the engine and performance.

I use Millers diesel additive in my 535d. Engine runs sweeter and I think it adds a mile or two on the mpg (I haven't done a very thorough test so unsure). I was very sceptical initially about the benefits but am still using it 80k later if that is any indication. We have had the lexus for a little over a week and I am literally about to go out and put some BG244 through her to clean the injectors etc. When that tank of diesel has gone through she will be put on millers too. It takes a tank or two to notice any difference.

I stopped using the millers for a couple of tank fulls a while back on the BMW and that's when I noticed it was actually doing something. It stinks to high heaven though and will engulf your boot if you use the bottle it comes in. I distill mine into smaller tank fill up size bottles which gets rid of most if not all of the odour.

I use Millers diesel additive in my 535d. Engine runs sweeter and I think it adds a mile or two on the mpg (I haven't done a very thorough test so unsure). I was very sceptical initially about the benefits but am still using it 80k later if that is any indication. We have had the lexus for a little over a week and I am literally about to go out and put some BG244 through her to clean the injectors etc. When that tank of diesel has gone through she will be put on millers too. It takes a tank or two to notice any difference.

I stopped using the millers for a couple of tank fulls a while back on the BMW and that's when I noticed it was actually doing something. It stinks to high heaven though and will engulf your boot if you use the bottle it comes in. I distill mine into smaller tank fill up size bottles which gets rid of most if not all of the odour.

I used to use Millers but now I have been completely converted to ar6200. I think its a much more effective product and overall cheaper in the long run

After reading the above and some of the stuff on the net I think I'll give this AR6200 a go in the lexus. Will wait to see effect before giving it to the twin turbo (she's still under warranty so tread carefully is the byword)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a reconditioned engine installed at 67k and my car was still a bit jittery - replaced the fuel filter and still no better. Garage suspected a problem with the injectors so before bending over tried Redex Diesel in my is220d. Ran superbly on a 250 mile round trip this weekend and returned 37.5 mpg at around 70 on the motorway (normally get low 30's). Early days but really happy in the short term.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links