Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Blowing......

The-Acre

Chuffed that the car past the MOT last week with no problems, especially as this is the first one since I've owned the car. They did say however that there's a small exhaust blow from the Y piece 4" from the cat. I'm taking it (in 3 weeks) to a small garage in Hove, recommended by one of our LOC members, that make their own exhausts. He said he can just cut a section away and weld a new piece on. It'll be interesting to see how they get on as this is a common problem for the LS. I'll report back when it's done as it may be helpful to those living in the south/south coast area.

Phil

Photo's would be good, mine's blowing aswell, sadly the wife's car comes first and as she has a range rover you can imagine I'm ALWAY'S working on the damn thing!

Photo's would be good, mine's blowing aswell, sadly the wife's car comes first and as she has a range rover you can imagine I'm ALWAY'S working on the damn thing!

Wow, a Range Rover as well, I don't think I would want your fuel bills! :msn-oh:

Only vehicle I have in my possession with less than 6cylinders is a gpz 500motorbike, all my cars are 6 cyl + rangeing from 3.2 straight 6 jag to a 4.3 v8 s class gas is great ;) each 1 of my cars is cheaper to run then my farther in laws 12 plate Meriva diesel (unless I'm playing with boy racers in 2t+ cars that is)

Only vehicle I have in my possession with less than 6cylinders is a gpz 500motorbike, all my cars are 6 cyl + rangeing from 3.2 straight 6 jag to a 4.3 v8 s class gas is great ;) each 1 of my cars is cheaper to run then my farther in laws 12 plate Meriva diesel (unless I'm playing with boy racers in 2t+ cars that is)

Strangely enough, my wife has a 1.4 Corsa, and because it's auto I really don't think it does a great deal better on fuel than my V8

My pain in the rear end wife has been driving for just over 2 years, 1st year she had her own insurance and had a 1.4 manual Citreon ZX, after her first year she could go on my trade insurance since then she refuse's to drive manual's only auto's, she begged for an auto diesel just before Christmas drove it twice then said to slow I want a petrol/LPG auto.... She changes her car every few months, I needed her to drive my lexus the other day, she had a very big grin on her face when she got out! I had to put my foot down as my number plate in on my lexus, may need to look out for an rx in a few months now...

My pain in the rear end wife has been driving for just over 2 years, 1st year she had her own insurance and had a 1.4 manual Citreon ZX, after her first year she could go on my trade insurance since then she refuse's to drive manual's only auto's, she begged for an auto diesel just before Christmas drove it twice then said to slow I want a petrol/LPG auto.... She changes her car every few months, I needed her to drive my lexus the other day, she had a very big grin on her face when she got out! I had to put my foot down as my number plate in on my lexus, may need to look out for an rx in a few months now...

Clearly stacking shelves in Morrisons pays more than I thought!! :lookaround:

I've just had the 'Y' section of my LS400 replaced by Top Gear (no not that one) who also make their own SS under the name of Long Life I was advised that welding could only be a temp solution Total cost including VAT & fitting £250

I've just had the 'Y' section of my LS400 replaced by Top Gear (no not that one) who also make their own SS under the name of Long Life I was advised that welding could only be a temp solution Total cost including VAT & fitting £250

That's very good I think, I'd be happy with that. I'll put it to them when I take it in on May22

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on this. I took the car in this morning at 9.30, sat in the cafe in st Ann's Well Gardens eating a full English, then sat in the sun drinking coffee, picked the car up at 12.00, all done for £50. They cut the section out that had a small hole and welded a new piece on. They kept it on the lift so I could see the work. Unfortunately I only had a phone camera without a flash so the picture is not only rubbish but makes the work look naff, which it isn't. It was actually a very neat job. Considering the heat shield around the exhaust had to be removed I thought the price was very good. They did check the rest of the Y piece to make sure it was sound enough to make doing this worthwhile.

The guy told me they've done a few of these exhaust repairs to the LS and they've all been successful.

post-32919-0-44526100-1366651512_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links