Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My Ls Lpg Converted This Weekend

You do need an adaptor which you can obtain from Ebay or LPG suppliers

Oh what does that mean in terms of fitting.or is it for the garage nozzles?

Its nothing at all really, heres a link http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Filler_Adaptors_and_caps.html and they have explanations as to which one you will need.

Mike

I went to Italy last year in mine I had no problem in Germany the only place I did have trouble getting LPG was in Austria, Belgium was by far the cheapest to buy LPG.

I found most service stations in France had a UK adaptor for us Rosbif - I carry my own just in case. I have never had a problem finding LPG in Europe - it is a pain not being able to use the Tunnel.

Bren

I will post some pics of my conversion, My last conversion I did 60,000 trouble free miles my mate done 145,000 no problems. If its done right then its a better fuel for the engine, much cleaner no carbon deposits, After all it is a form of petrol just in a much finer form.

I never though of it like that. My concern when I was looking for a Lexus was that an LS400 engine could seemingly go on to 300k miles with no bother and I just couldn't see an after-market conversion keeping up with those numbers without some work at some point. I may be wrong. I just didn't want to risk it.

Mine had 192k on it my mate had 240k The engine should last longer on lpg I am looking at keeping this Ls for the next 10 years hence the investment in the lpg system. My oil on my last ls used to come out the same as the new oil I put in after 10k. I have run lpg cars for 7 years & swear by it . Poland & Russia have had lpg for decades Italy had apx 90% LPG cars at one point very big in Holland too. I would expect an LS 400 engine to run 800,000 miles on lpg if maintained properly.

Well that’s great news & your right, its when something goes wrong & the company steps up to the mark without problems that the real quality of an A1+ firm comes through, or for that matter defines the cowboys as well, at the end of the day that’s how Lexus after service behaves & built its reputation.

Its put me back on track, I suppose my inhibitions are about the same as Martin Hughes post above. I did have an interest in LPG I think at the time I was ready for buying what ended up as this current LS but when I started researching I was coming across problems all over the place, I suspect nowadays they were to do with a combination of poor fitters, some poor quality units and lack of owner maintaining services.

I still think LPG is a minefield in general but as Profess has now come up shining in the bad times & plenty experience with LS 400s’ looks like only one place to go. I was surprised to find out Cardiffs only 150 miles from London, I thought it was appx 300, the logistics are a hassle but at least only a temp blip.

Does anyone know if theres hassles in Europe with conversions done here? I know a conversion can’t be taken through the tunnel so it’s a ferry job but that’s all I know about Europe travel with them.

I have driven across Europe many many times and LPG is easily obtained except in Germany for some reason. Eastern Europe its more than readily obtained.

You do need an adaptor which you can obtain from eBay or LPG suppliers.

Your right about not being allowed through the tunnel but enjoy a nice cruise across the channel with a nice meal, on the French boats, careful on the wine though. Its not all about getting their as fast as possible. Enjoy. Mike

LPG is really on the up in Germany lots more stations in the last 4 years it used to be a bit tricky but not now I would say at least on par with the UK.

Hello Mark and all members on LOC.

I want to start off by giving this public apology to Mark. I would like to thank Mark for persevering with us by letting us remedy all of the mistakes that we had made.

Mark, thank you for the opportunity and please be reassured that this will not happen again.

I would like to thank Bluesman for all of your recommendations and wish you all pleasurable driving on a cheaper alternative fuel.

Best regards.

Leon

Profess LPG LTD.

• Like 1

i absolutly agree with mike a refreshing change, i dont do much mileage really but iv thought of getting lpg, and id certainly go to profess if i do, im very impressed

• Like 1

Well that’s great news & your right, its when something goes wrong & the company steps up to the mark without problems that the real quality of an A1+ firm comes through, or for that matter defines the cowboys as well, at the end of the day that’s how Lexus after service behaves & built its reputation.

Its put me back on track, I suppose my inhibitions are about the same as Martin Hughes post above. I did have an interest in LPG I think at the time I was ready for buying what ended up as this current LS but when I started researching I was coming across problems all over the place, I suspect nowadays they were to do with a combination of poor fitters, some poor quality units and lack of owner maintaining services.

I still think LPG is a minefield in general but as Profess has now come up shining in the bad times & plenty experience with LS 400s’ looks like only one place to go. I was surprised to find out Cardiffs only 150 miles from London, I thought it was appx 300, the logistics are a hassle but at least only a temp blip.

Does anyone know if theres hassles in Europe with conversions done here? I know a conversion can’t be taken through the tunnel so it’s a ferry job but that’s all I know about Europe travel with them.

I have driven across Europe many many times and LPG is easily obtained except in Germany for some reason. Eastern Europe its more than readily obtained.

You do need an adaptor which you can obtain from eBay or LPG suppliers.

Your right about not being allowed through the tunnel but enjoy a nice cruise across the channel with a nice meal, on the French boats, careful on the wine though. Its not all about getting their as fast as possible. Enjoy. Mike

I book club lounge on the boats its worth the extra, comfortable relaxed nearly always empty free champagne coffee snacks & paper.

• Like 1

Hello Mark and all members on LOC.

I want to start off by giving this public apology to Mark. I would like to thank Mark for persevering with us by letting us remedy all of the mistakes that we had made.

Mark, thank you for the opportunity and please be reassured that this will not happen again.

I would like to thank Bluesman for all of your recommendations and wish you all pleasurable driving on a cheaper alternative fuel.

Best regards.

Leon

Profess LPG LTD.

Hi Leon,

Really there was no need for a public apology ( but thanks)

The car is running like a dream I will be booking it in for its 1000 miler in a couple of weeks.

Thank you again for all your & your teams efforts with putting everything right, Really above & beyond service.

Mark

Something I overlooked, how much of an effect does a conversion have on insurance?

There are some companies that wont insure you but these are few and far between these days. I have never been charged extra for any of our cars being converted. Many of them want from your installer certificate of worthiness. Do not be taken in with the UKLPG bunch of con artists.

Mike

Well done Profess, you've turned a disaster in to a PR triumph by doing the right thing.

It amazes me how many companies, including those large corporations with whole departments devoted to PR, can't grasp this simple concept.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links