Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx450 - Beeping Noise

Hi

My wife has been reporting that our lexus RX450 59 plate is making beeping noises that get louder as she speeds up. This seems to occur when she drops one child off at school and the other transfers to the front passenger seat.

I thought it might be the seatbelt but there are no lights or indicators on the dashboard indicating its the seatbelt or doors.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pete

Problem is its intermittent

Never easy but probably still better with a dealer - you might even hit lucky that it is known to them. there must be some connection to the transfer of the passenger but it is difficult to think what.

I can only relate to the RX400h, but this may also apply to the RX450h.

There are sensors at the back of the seat pad, in the middle. These detect whether the seat is occupied or not and then trigger the seat belt alarm accordingly.

I gather that in your case, the seat belt is warn. However, could it be that if your child is using a car seat, or is not heavy enough, the system is getting confused?

just a thought

Sorry... not sure whether my last statement was very clear. Got interrupted by the phone mid-flow.

What I am trying to say is that it could be that the seat belt is clicked in, but that the seat sensors do not actually register that the seat is occupied.

This would also account for the beeping getting louder: it should beep for 30-40 seconds, and then get louder after that if the problem has not been resolved.

Thanks for the reply dan..... The strange thing is no lights come on on the dash. Usually if its a seatbelt issue the seatbelt light comes on

- Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links