Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Squeaking Air Con Pump

Morning Guys,

I have had a squeaking from the engine for a week or so and yesterday decided to take a look ! it sounds like it is coming from the air con pump - either that or the alternator but im pretty sure its the air con.

Question - Can I just take the belt off that is driving the air con pump ? I know I wont have the ice cold breeze but I dont think its needed just yet lol. Also How difficult is it to replace the aircon pump ?

Cheers

Allan

same happen to me but finally located the noise coming from when the car jack up was the clutch bearing making the noise. it could be the belt. as i say you just need to located where the noise actually came from.

good luck

Are you sure that it isn't just the drive belts squeeking? Try spraying a bit of water on the belts with a hose with the engine running.... If it goes away then it is the belts. Does the squeek happen with the air con off?.....

In which case, pop the belt off and see if the squeek goes.... Aircon compressor noises usually change in tone or go away as you switch it on or off..... Assuming that it works at all.... When on the centre section of the compressor should rotate and be stationary when off..

Well the belt has been taken off and the noise has gone ! yay so im guessing its a replacement aircon pump at some point but I dont think it will be needed just yet.

Thanks everyone

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links