Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kits

I recently bought some HID's from toyosports in birmingham. They are 6000k and still manage to see blue in the light.

HID's can be a pain in the bum.

I've herd you need to go for 4300k. Not to sure on the watt output.

I have both driving lights and high beam hid, both sets were bought from eBay off Chinese sellers.

Came within a few weeks but for less that £40 for both sets that's well worth the wait!

I'd go for 5000k 35watt, that will give you a clean white look.

6000k 35watt have a small blueish look, and 4300k look stock so why bother!

I have both driving lights and high beam hid, both sets were bought from eBay off Chinese sellers.

Came within a few weeks but for less that £40 for both sets that's well worth the wait!

Because some ppl just want HIDs for the advantages of better light output regardless of what they look like. Technically the higher kelvin the less light output especially on wet roads

Im gonna get some high beams 75w in mine before the next winter hits, gonna be immense

Because some ppl just want HIDs for the advantages of better light output regardless of what they look like. Technically the higher kelvin the less light output especially on wet roads

Im gonna get some high beams 75w in mine before the next winter hits, gonna be immense

HID's are not a good idea for high beams. HID bulbs don't like getting flicked on and off and the Ballasts take time to warm this can be seen when you turn your lights on, they flick bright then dim and depending on quality of ballasts they warm up quite quickly. My chinese ballasts took a good 15-20 seconds to warm up but my new Morimoto 3Fives from http://www.theretrofitsource.com warm up and about 2-3 seconds.

Also high beams would be better a yellow colour. The reason why fogs are supposed to be yellow, the yellow light refracts less so it can penetrate water droplets in rain and fog much better. Blue light refracts much more so it is less useful. see the diagram below as an example then imaging thousands of rain drops refracting your 6000k+ light

white-light-dispersion.jpeg

I have 5000k in my dipped beam and find its the perfect balance between light output and colour temp. I bought them from HIDS4U and the bulbs have a cut off to reduce light scatter.

Higher temp colour doesn't look good, too blue in my opinion, especially on a prestige car. Cheap kits I find often have very bad light scatter and not enough concentrated light from the bulb. You'll only get what you pay for.

I bought 6000k found them too blue so got 5000k and still find them too blue! going to buy a new kit with 4300k for my mains and put the 5000k kit into fogs ive decided (both HB4). The colour temp is down to personal preference but ive also found it varies depending where you get the bulbs for some reason. a 5000k from HID4U maybe be whiter than a chinese cheapo for example

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let everyone know,i fitted my hids on sat. only took half an hour and was really easy.

they look great too.

Next job is to fit these angel eyes ive got, but that will probs take a bit longer and have a higher risk of something going wrong lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links