Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Navigation Issue

Hey guys,

Ok so started my car this morning and noticed an message on navigation screen reading please open door , , please check cd rom..... im guessing that cd has come loose or something but can someone tell me where cd rom is please as not sure where im supposed to be looking , i know its not the best navigation in the world but it does the job for me and defo want to keep this working , any help or advice on this issue appreciated !! Thanx guys ;)

Its on the right side of your spare wheel compartment. take the boot lining out and you'll see a silver or black flap cant mem. open it and the CD will eject. I cleaned my CD it was filthy, prob hadn't seen the light of day for 13 years

On another note i really like the navi in the IS and ive used tom tom, co pilot and garmin. Only bad thing is getting it setup but once your away its very clear and precise i think, i just need to get a update CD and it will be even better

Well hope its just a dirty CD anway, keep us posted

Hey guys ,

Ok so started my car this morning and noticed a message on navigation screen saying please open door please check cd rom , am hoping that this is not a serious issue and that the disc has just come loose or something but im not sure where the cd rom is located so if anyone could tell me where to look and any possible fixes or solutions it would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanx guys ! ;)

Thanx bud, will take a look soon as i get 5 mins, yeah the navigation does rhe job for me too hence the reason im desperate to keep it working! Has bn absolutely fine up untill this morning so seriously hope its just a dirty cd otherwise i guess ill be looking for a new unit ! I guess ours is the cd rom unit and not the dvd version ive heard others talking about ? Well i will clean disc later n let you know how it goes bud ;)

Yeah ours is CD rom based. changed around 2001 i believe along with a few interior updates. I would like to have the bigger screen DVD one so its easier to update and also so i get a cup holder at the front lol but this is fine.

Ok so removed cd gave it a good clean then put it bk in with my fingers crossed but unfortunately it still saying please open door, please check cd rom ......

Seriously annoying as dont understand how can work fine yesterday and suddenly not work today! Just weird! Well not sure what to do now to be honest , do i need to look for a new cd rom unit ? Guessing that wont be cheap :(

Thanx for help guys , have ejected and given cd a good clean popped it back in and still says the same thing , so annoying, really not sure what to do now ! Worked fine up untill now so just dont understand, guess i need a new unit but cant find one anywhere at the moment :(

Have you checked all the leads that are plugged into the CD Rom player in the boot?

Does the stereo play music cd's ok?

Wouldn't necessarily go rushing into finding another head unit. That may not solve your issue.

These units are model number sensitive. Boils down to having an external amp behind your glove box. So check things like model numbers first.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links