Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My 2010 Sat Nav - Useful Find

Note: can I just make it clear I mean MY (model year) 2010 not literally my sat nav.....sorry if I caused any confusion.

On Hols in France at the mo. Putting longitude/latitude figures, addresses in French or point and press can be a little time consuming on occasions. We have picked up lots of leaflets from the tourist offices for places and chateaux we wished to visit.

I had not realised that I could just input the French phone number in on the phone number option. It works an absolute treat. Took us straight to the front door of Chateau Villandry today. Madame Val of our gite has given us the details of a super restaurant in Chinon for fri night so that number is going in the nav tomorrow morning.

On the whole the nav has been very good. There has been the odd junction change where 5 exits are now 4 and the odd piece of new autoroute that is now complete...quite surreal doing 85 across fields!

• Like 1

"On Hols in France at the mo."

Good for you. Hope you're having a nice time.

Thanks for the telno tip.

Very useful to know.

I'll try that soon.

Pleased to hear that the satnav is good abroad too.

Argento

Teeny bit of an update...

The tel no thingy works a treat. But.......just beware of any pay link numbers...they will not work for you at all. Put the stupid pay thingy number in (should have looked closer at the chateau leaflet) and nowt happened. Looked a bit closer on the leaflet and there was the actual Chateau tel no at Amboise. Worked like a charm.

Couple of hiccups where new A10 links/junctions had gone in. Bless her she tried so hard to make us turn right down a 20 yard track! But it was pretty obvious what was afoot. In Amboise she was spot on. Love it when she turns on the sexy French maid voice to narrate the name of the city! I had turned off all motor way useage as we wanted to go cross country from 50 miles to the south. Swung off route several times to go see stuff of interest and a bit of Degustation de Vin. Again she got us back exactly to the right place.

These roman road links between the towns are really very good. Have not seen one gendarme yet!

Also, I'm running Bridgestone potenzas....over here the car is much much quieter.

Thanks for the update.

All good, interesting and useful stuff.

Since you first posted.

I've realised just how precise, and quick, this telno method would be.

Brilliant.

I've previously ignored the option.

I'd thought it was bit of gimmick!

"... pay link numbers"

What are these?

I don't get out much!

And certainly not to France :-)

Do you think there would be a problem where locations you want to find use mobile numbers?

As you know, folks sometimes change these quite regularly

"Also, I'm running Bridgestone potenzas....over here the car is much much quieter."

That's because of their road surfaces, right?

Or is it because you're driving too slowly :-)

I've still got the factory fitted Potenzas on mine too.

I'm very pleased with them as well.

Argento

Pay link numbers are the ones that say after them...calls charged at so and so per minute. You need the direct number to make it work...at least that's what I've found in France this year!

Mobiles...don't think they will be any use at all.

Tyres....I'm assuming its cos their roads are better than ours. I'm certainly not hanging about.

Wildly off topic...saw my first French Lexus today...anRX300. The French driver did a double take when he saw my badge coming towards him...I'll swear he nearly waved!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links